• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Let's see some Leather Gear for those cap and ballers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love those holsters , and that pair of brasser 1860 Armies with the gunmetal finish caught my eye, I like that look
The two brass framed guns are old CVA kits that I used cold bluing and wiped it off a couple of times. They shoot pretty good, have not shot them in over 30 years! Thanks for looking.

I admire all of these holsters you folks are posting. I piddle with leather a little bit, but plan on making several over the winter months for my own pistols just because I think I can. I did make a small one for a little 22 banger back in the summer that turned out ok. Not great, but ok. I picked up a big piece of cowhide at our local flea market to have some winter projects.

I really need to get me an 1860, I’m starting to drool on my phone from this thread. Lol . Years ago I had a Colt 1862 Police 36cal and a Ruger old army. I sold those off long before I became a holster maker. Here’s a cross draw holster I made last year for a customers double barrel AGC 12 gauge percussion pistol. That’s a huge pistol to put in a holster.
I think this is the only holster I’ve made that wasn’t for a cartridge revolver or newer unmentionable.

Attachments

• 1955EE37-8715-40CD-A63C-776103C69419.jpeg
    1955EE37-8715-40CD-A63C-776103C69419.jpeg
    364.3 KB · Views: 0
  • EECBCF10-C5DD-42BB-947A-B5C6E001F994.jpeg
    EECBCF10-C5DD-42BB-947A-B5C6E001F994.jpeg
    350.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DBB7E4C8-1469-47BB-9A7D-9C8AFFFF1E60.jpeg
    DBB7E4C8-1469-47BB-9A7D-9C8AFFFF1E60.jpeg
    289.7 KB · Views: 0
At some point along the way, three things happened. I stopped caring about whether or not my "rig" was all matching colors, I developed a distaste for undyed "russet" tan leather and leather goods with no stamping, tooling or other forms of decoration. I have yet to do one without at least a single line border stamp, usually two or three.

023b_2.jpg

002b_8.jpg

009b_3.jpg

002b_6.jpg

028b.jpg

001b_2.jpg

001b_1.jpg

002b_1.jpg

023b_1.jpg

At some point along the way, three things happened. I stopped caring about whether or not my "rig" was all matching colors, I developed a distaste for undyed "russet" tan leather and leather goods with no stamping, tooling or other forms of decoration. I have yet to do one without at least a single line border stamp, usually two or three.

023b_2.jpg

002b_8.jpg

009b_3.jpg

002b_6.jpg

028b.jpg

001b_2.jpg

001b_1.jpg

002b_1.jpg

023b_1.jpg
Those are beautiful holsters

I seem to gravitate more towards Brown or Burgundy leather these days , but a mix looks good to my eye.....I have an "oxblood" gun belt with two black flap holsters and it looks perfect to me

My unmentionables seem to live in a better class of leather housing. But I carry them against the possibility (real at night in Philadelphia) of being shot more than for the pleasure of their company.

My BP pistol lives in the ElPaso Saddlery holster that came with it. That holster is pretty sporty. But I'd not want to need that gun in a hurry.

A caution: We can debate holsters and carry til the next generation of cows come home. But if you are not absolutely certain that you can drop the hammer on another human being AT NEED? Then this is all horse pucky.

Got the NMA in the traditional flap and the 1860 Army in the Bianchi "Dirty Harry" holster my dad had in his stash. Kind of weird but allows my to carry both my pistols and a rifle for when I really want to move some lead! Or if I want to conceal carry an 1860 Army. Just think if that mall shooter dude would have got taken out with a Colt with a huge plume of black powder smoke.... 😂

Attachments

• IMG_20221215_171818529.jpg
    IMG_20221215_171818529.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Carry, concealed or otherwise, does you absolutely no good if you do not do regular practice. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada.
The first hint of threat needs an automatic, ingrained, practiced, muscle memory response. It may not bring you gun from hiding. But your gun is split seconds from firing. The likelihood of some guy triggering your adrenalin and being a happy camper are slim. Behave accordingly.

Carry, concealed or otherwise, does you absolutely no good if you do not do regular practice. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada.
The first hint of threat needs an automatic, ingrained, practiced, muscle memory response. It may not bring you gun from hiding. But your gun is split seconds from firing. The likelihood of some guy triggering your adrenalin and being a happy camper are slim. Behave accordingly.
Gun fights happen unbelievably close and often with little warning. Know one thing going in. You want to be the survivor and to hell with the legal bills.

Back