Lets see some flintlock pistols!

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Robby

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Years ago I made a powder horn for a man that made beautiful flintlock guns. He must have seen something in me that I didn't know I had and sent me a block of wood, a barrel, and a lock that didn't work too good, with the admonition, just make the #$%^ D&#% thing right. I bought a trigger guard and fabricated the rest. I had no idea what I was doing and still don't know where this might fit in any historical era, if at all. I still get get a kick out of making guns and hopefully have gotten a little better at it. Thank you Tom for all the joy I have experienced in 'Americas first art form'.
DSCN0058.jpeg

DSCN0059.jpeg

DSCN0057.jpeg

DSCN0060.jpeg

DSCN0061.jpeg

In this state, if you have the components to load a black powder hand gun in your home you have to register it on your pistol permit. I engraved No. 1 on it for a serial number.
Robby

Last edited:

JCKelly

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Made this for Dad, in the last year of his life. Made the lock (not so well) from a kit of castings, started w a 9" octagon bbl "turned" it round, slightly tapered & swamped, with my file. Really don't care for machinery. To save $$, the silver inlays are two-piece, a thinner silver one soldered to a thicker brass inlay the same shape. The pistol is in a Kuntz style.
1633989947686.png

1633989961491.png

Old Geezer with a file

Compressorguy

32 Cal
Reaction score
You all have some absolutely amazing skills and pistols (hint: envious) and gives me something to aspire too. Here’s my first go at a Pedersoli Kentucky flint lock kit. Got about 40 shots through it and the groups are tightening up as it breaks in and I learn to shoot it. Practicing my engraving skills to tackle the lock plate and acorn at some point.

Attachments