• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lets see some flintlock pistols!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you like pistols and cases, here is how a historically correct British case is made:
PJow1dH.jpg

Yq960ya.jpg

TMwbSmI.jpg

5HgeTqy.jpg

7bzSRaV.jpg

y3hJXEo.jpg

pYJsXlv.jpg

jNGLnCy.jpg

mnLyAnd.jpg

yoiHEOD.jpg

XtCesfa.jpg

kiuVP35.jpg

pAayvea.jpg

KWxwqoU.jpg

DSBNQcV.jpg

Vw6vMhq.jpg

trfLELy.jpg

2Y1cmWF.jpg

dave
Oh yeah, I love cased sets, rifles, accoutrements, tools! It satiates my OCD while still speaking to my sense of craftsmanship and art.
Neil

Hi,
There is a lot to building a good case.
NtPpPJh.jpg

2sJMr36.jpg

Okgw2dK.jpg

7ZMatBZ.jpg

3sd7loj.jpg

O3RFKIp.jpg

mzf1Aq5.jpg

pD7s4oV.jpg

The case hooks were cast. I carved them in wax based on an original set. Then cast them using the Delft clay system.
VitmZc7.jpg

PwhP7nR.jpg

pdRr8u4.jpg

BGT4atz.jpg

iEHSnWT.jpg

B9nqrDC.jpg

I think many folks don't realize that these cases were not for displaying the pistols but for transporting them safely. As such, the walls of the compartments for the pistols are shaped like a "V" with a flat botttom so the guns are snugly cradled in place and don't move. Finally, each case was supplied with a leather traveling cover.
NzciFtO.jpg

eznIhAB.jpg

dave
LOVE the traveling cover!
Case is beautiful to, I just never saw the cover before. Really all very well done!

Latest posts

Back