• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Let's do the 3-shot contest again.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jethro224 said:
Here ya go, the Official Results!

GrnMtBoy 1.250" Shootin' a TVM Leman .45, open sights and PRB
Mountainman56 1.651" .54 GPR percussion, open sights, PRB
Jim/OH 1.773" didn't say what he was shootin'. What did ya bring Jim?
Buripity 1.838" with his .54 GPR caplock, open, PRB
grzrob 2.125" with his retirement rifle again, open, PRB
HFD60 2.150" .54 Renegade, open, PRB
jethro224 2.375" with my GPR .50 capper, open, PRB
Grey Whiskers 3.125" shootin a .50 TC Hawken, open, PRB
(honorable mention 'cause he shot at 50 yards)RC 4 and 22/16ths (??? I'm confused) at 50 yards with a smoothbore!
Bakeoven Bill (gets another honorable mention for bringin' something different) 5.187" with a Lepage flint dueling pistol, open, PRB
Swamp Rat 7.234" New England style .58, open, PRB

Thanks to everybody who played. :hatsoff:

If I forgot to put anybody's score in, just let me know. I didn't delete anything yet. :haha:

Just to be accurate, I should have listed Bakeoven Bill ahead of RC 'cause 4 22/16 is really 5.375". But it was late and it's been a long week for me. And that whole 22/16ths thing threw me off... But then maybe I shoulda divided by 2 since RC shot at 50 yards... :hmm:
:hatsoff:

Sorry Jethro, forgot to list what rifle I shot this contest with. :bow: It is my "Ugly Rifle", an old CVA percussion Mountain Rifle that had a bad barrel, so I rebarreled it with a 15/16" Green Mountain .40 cal. barrel (heavy - but a good shooter with good "hang"). It has T.C. Contender open sights and I used a .400" round ball. :v I just need to learn to quite waiting till the last day, was a little windy here, but that's my fault. Thanks for the opportunity to participate, and congrats to all that was in it. :hatsoff:

See ya, Jim :thumbsup:

Grey Whiskers said:
Durn, that Buripity beat me again in the 3 shot contest. Hell, I'm purty sure he can't count ta three. GW
I don't need to count to 3. Just 1.838! :rotf:

Sorry I didn't/couldn't shoot. I spent the last week in the hospital with a DKA. :(
Congrats to all who did tho'. :thumbsup:

I missed out on the contest too. Way too busy trying to computerize my inventory and a deadline coming up. I'll jes' hafta whup ya'll another time! :rotf:

Diabetic **** Acidosis. This is the second time in 2 years. I've been diabetic since '76.

Sounds even worse when ya spell it out. But I still ain't sure what it is. :haha: Just glad to hear you're better. :thumbsup:

Take care of yourself and we'll look for ya in the next contest. :hatsoff:

Papa said:
Jethro,
Are you going to shoot this thing again? I'd like to try it also.
Mark

I s'pose we could. Looks like there's at least 2 of ya interested in givin' it another go and runnball didn't get to play last month so he'll probly want in...
OK, ya talked me into it. Look for a new thread coming soon.

runnball said:
I'll play if I can keep my butt out of the stinkin' hospital. :cursing:

Man you gotta stay out of them places. The last time I was in a hospital the whole building was full of sick people. :shake:

Latest posts

Back