• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Let's do the 3-shot contest again.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Jethro, I'm game to try it again. Didn't do too bad on the first round with the third shortest measurement. :grin: Have to say congratulations to HFD 60 :v for his win. He really put em in there. Have to work it around Friendship, but got all month, so that shouldn't be too bad. Now, have to decide what to shoot. :confused:

Ain't they got a 25 yard range at Friendship? Do 'er whilst yer there. :thumbsup:

Count me in as well! We out here in Winton, CA move up in social status the better we do in shootin' contests! :rotf:

Well, yes they have several 25 yd. lines at Friendship, but they kind of discourage posting targets other than the match targets they sell you. :nono: Besides I will be pretty busy with other things there, so either may shoot this week, or after I get back. Hope to see ya there. :thumbsup:

You can see a quarter at 25yards -- hell, I have to use a pie plate :rotf:
If I can find a range I'm in :thumbsup:

Well count me in, I'll try to get my shots in this time, weather cooling off a little is getting me a little more motivated

Buripity said:
Count me in as well! We out here in Winton, CA move up in social status the better we do in shootin' contests! :rotf:

Guess that makes me kinda like a redheaded step-child. :surrender: GW

Hello from Germany;

I'll be in too. Have a question about measuring. I measure out the distance from each hole to the dot and then ad the three together?

Regards

Kirrmeister

That is correct. Measure each shot from center of hole to center of dot then add all 3 together for your score.
Good luck. :hatsoff:

Only one weekend left in this contest and not many entries yet. Y'all gotta practice up for deer season anyway... Let's see what you can do.

Plan to shoot mine this weekend after unwinding from work and getting a good nights sleep. Well it sounds like it will help. :haha: :surrender:

Oh hell. I've been settin on my backside thinkin I didn't have to shoot till October but that's for the other contest ain't it? I guess I'd better go shootin tomorrow huh?

"ONLY ONE MORE SHOOTIN' DAY LEFT IN SEPTEMBER"

I left my target with the bull painted in the center on the coffee table Sat. morn when I launched the great squirrel expidition of '08

Well Jethro,

I think I did it right. Just sent you my results from the second 3-shot contest. Nothing like waiting till next to the last day.

Well I got it done but I don't want all you other fellas laying awake all night worrying about how well I did. I'll just say this, whatever I was shooting at would have been real dead.......as long as it was bigger than a quarter.

Here ya go, the Official Results!

GrnMtBoy 1.250" Shootin' a TVM Leman .45, open sights and PRB
Mountainman56 1.651" .54 GPR percussion, open sights, PRB
Jim/OH 1.773" didn't say what he was shootin'. What did ya bring Jim?
Buripity 1.838" with his .54 GPR caplock, open, PRB
grzrob 2.125" with his retirement rifle again, open, PRB
HFD60 2.150" .54 Renegade, open, PRB
jethro224 2.375" with my GPR .50 capper, open, PRB
Grey Whiskers 3.125" shootin a .50 TC Hawken, open, PRB
(honorable mention 'cause he shot at 50 yards)RC 4 and 22/16ths (??? I'm confused) at 50 yards with a smoothbore!
Bakeoven Bill (gets another honorable mention for bringin' something different) 5.187" with a Lepage flint dueling pistol, open, PRB
Swamp Rat 7.234" New England style .58, open, PRB

Thanks to everybody who played. :hatsoff:

If I forgot to put anybody's score in, just let me know. I didn't delete anything yet. :haha:

Back