• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Let those rebels attack NOW!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidthered

40 Cal.
Reaction score
PvtPaulKings8th.jpg

Time-Line events are such fun!

mont4.gif

Dateline: Philadelphia, 1779.

Congress announces launch of first intercontinental ballistic lightning balloon strike on British homeland. Ben Franklin, inventer of the ion induction lightning focusing stream generator, carried in each of the French supplied "Excotet" balloon platforms supplied by the Montgolfier firm of Paris, was quited as saying: "Fat George has called it upon himself with the introduction of automatic weapons on our shores. We will suffer no such anacronisms lightly."

John Adams was at a rare loss for words, having just inflated the balloon moments before.

Musketman,
Don't give Bill Knight any ideas!!!!
I remember when we laughing at the ridiculous comments of "Bolt action Muzzleloader"

Interesting aside: The British had a working machine gun offerred to their Board of Ordnance a working FLINTLOCK machine gun in 1718 - but it was rejected.

PuckleGun.jpg

Puckle Gun (1718)
James Puckle of London, England, demonstrated his new invention, the "Puckle Gun," a tripod-mounted, single-barreled flintlock gun fitted with a multishot revolving cylinder. This weapon fired nine shots per minute at a time when the standard soldier's musket could be loaded and fired but three times per minute. Puckle demonstrated two versions of the basic design. One weapon, intended for use against Christian enemies, fired conventional round bullets, while the second variant, designed to be used against the Muslim Turks, fired square bullets, which were believed to cause more severe and painful wounds than spherical projectiles. The "Puckle Gun" failed to attract investors and never achieved mass production or sales to the British armed forces. One newspaper of the period observed following the business venture's failure that "those are only wounded who hold shares therein."

That's a'cause they'd a had to buy them themselves instead o'the lend-lease gimmies like the "Tommy" gun in the earlier picture. ::

Leave it to Musketman to add a rammer, nice touch!
BTW, this is a very good friend of mine, Paul from the Kings 8th Regiment based out of Detroit. He falls in with the 42d from time to time, as well as helping us with the kids Living History Club.
Some GI's from the Greenville Mi event came into our camp and he asked to see their tommygun, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to snap this pic!

It's not mine, I found a picture of it online... someone posted drawings for one and I thought a picture would be a better example.

Chuck

I'd take a Thompson over Bess anyday but I wouldn't want to be exposed to Morgan's rifleme :blah:n.

Back