• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Let me introduce myself.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I live in Colorado and have been shooting muzzleloaders for about 50 years, have built a couple over the years, and shoot and hunt with percussion and flintlock shotguns, rifles, and pistols. The first gun I ever bought for myself was a Hopkins and Allen underhammer pistol I purchased from Numrich Arms for $19.95 new from an add in the American Rifleman when I was 13 years old. I am pretty much interested in anything that can launch a projectile.

From the list of past sins and iniquities that you, Boomer, voluntarily listed, you are in gloriously ribald and astute company here on the dark side. Welcome to the encouragement of the old and arcane, and the discouragement of the newfangled. As some have observed, muzzleloading is the slow, skilled helpless descent into that vast smokey region of the hopelessly smitten shooters of smokepoles. May your membership here in the Forum reveal hidden skills, friendships and fields of endeavor in the pursuit of the elegance of a long ago skill, and the standard of excellence in craftsmanship and talented ability you have traveled here to uncover and share. Truly your obedient servant, Treestalker.

I live in Colorado and have been shooting muzzleloaders for about 50 years, have built a couple over the years, and shoot and hunt with percussion and flintlock shotguns, rifles, and pistols. The first gun I ever bought for myself was a Hopkins and Allen underhammer pistol I purchased from Numrich Arms for $19.95 new from an add in the American Rifleman when I was 13 years old. I am pretty much interested in anything that can launch a projectile.
Welcome to the forum. Great state you live in! I visited the Cripple Creek area first week in March, just before the shi_ hit the fan.
Flintlocklar 🇺🇸

I have other bad habits involving black powder. Even though I am not supposed to mention such things in polite company such as this, I also restore, shoot, and hunt with black powder cartridge rifles. I am also interested in getting into historical reenactment and am working on a persona circa 1853 in Colorado. Why that time period? Because it is one of those odd times that people seem to ignore, and one of my hunting rifles is a .62-caliber that was originally built in 1848.

Eargesplittin...?
Hello and welcome to you, from northern MN. I was always partial to southern CO, along Hwy 50.
If your "name" is a reference to a certain cartridge, I remember the stir that it caused.

Back