• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Leonard day

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzz

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi not here much but wonder if any know if hes still around or is someone took over his gun making
We had startered a fishtail fowler 4+ years ago and we lost contact

Leonard is up there in years. I talked with him at Ft. Frederick about 3 years ago which is the first time I had seen him in about 20 years. His grandson has been building the guns for several years now. They seem to be of the same high quality and I still long for a turnbarrel rifle.

I spoke to Leonard just last year at Ft. Frederick market faire, He was set up on the main road entering the fort. Yes he a older gentleman but pretty sharp. As I have one of his swivel breech rifles we spoke for some time. He had his son with him also a very pleasant person and knowledgeable with the weapons they produce. Looking forward to visiting him again this spring at the event. The swivel breech Day weapons are top notch.

Back