• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED Leonard Day Swivel Breech Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking for a decent condition one of these guns. Prefer FL but would consider anything, even the pistols really. I have been reading that people are making them these days, but I don't see anyone online who does. An original would be great.

I have had two in the last ten years. One flint and another percussion. Mr. Day is retired, but I believe his son is now making the actions. Buy one and send it to a good smith to build on.

Two examples.
IMG_20191122_154223714.jpg
IMG_0369.JPG

There is currently one for sale on GB. 54 caliber rifled and 28ga smooth barrels with both flint and percussion locks. Way out of my price range.

Latest posts

Back