• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Leman Squirrel rifles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A sincere belated thanks to everyone for their input and sharing. I have had the dickens the first half of this year and my computer died and we have finally gotten another. I had thought to build a Leman gun, but have begun a southern mountain rifle .36 percussion stocking it in walnut off a friend's land. It has a 13/16 x 42 barrel and a Dixie southern percussion lock. I have a set of Dixie's set triggers marked Belgium and will build it poor boy with Iron and antler fittings. I also must build my friend a .40 cal rifle. He has a 3/4 Rice barrel and a Durs Egg flintlock, Davis triggers and a Carolina trigger guard We hope to emulate the common man Arkansas settler 1830 -1850. We both have direct paternal ancestors who emigrated here from Georgia and Alabama. Thanks again guys, George. :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

meanmike said:
I am glad someone finally said, that caps guns OK. I own both also, but prefer percussion. Of course, I like newer stuff!

Michael

A man that would shoot capguns would tell puns, maybe even drink canned beer, and I have it on good authority they put beans in their chili :blah:

I built a Leman in full stock .54, I found the recoil uncomfortable. In a .36 or .45 should be right nice.

Sorry, I am just not old enough to play with real guns! So I have to shoot a cap gun.

Michael :surrender:

tenngun said:
A man that would shoot capguns ,

Guilty - and I LIKE IT!

tenngun said:
would tell puns,

On occasion, even an off color joke now and then

tenngun said:
maybe even drink canned beer,

NEVER-NEVER-NEVER - Sacrilege!!

tenngun said:
and I have it on good authority they put beans in their chili :blah:

Stay out of Texas then, beans in the pot were a staple for great grandma cooking from a Conestoga on the great plains, plenty good enough for us four generations later. Maybe you need a real Texan to send you a recipe.

tenngun said:
I built a Leman in full stock .54, I found the recoil uncomfortable.

I understand, Missouri folks just aren't as tough as Texans. You know the drill - BIGGER, BETTER, BADDER, FASTER, MEANER in TEXAS (or we just won't talk about it)

LOL - OK, door is now closed - Fire-suit is donned.

This pilgrim has worked on a few fancy homes in Palmer Lake and Perry Park but never had the pleasure of the Inn. I'm more a Crystola Road House type.

So I asked the wife, I married up. She said it's being converted to a susbstense abuse rehab center. The Broadmoor might suit you.

Back