• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Lefthanded GPR and peep site

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griff4570

32 Cal
Reaction score
Thinking about putting a Lyman peep site on my left-handed GPR. I'm concerned the mount may interfere with the hammer. Looks like it hangs off the left side. Wondering if anyone has tried this and did it interfere? Thanks in advance.

Nope, sorry, mine still has factory sights because I've not found the right peep, side or tang mount.
What I really need is one of those Malcolm reproductions!

I've only seen pictures of it once or twice but as I recall it sat far enough back on the tang to not interfere with the hammer.

A buddy of mine I often shoot with has the same rifle (but right hand Lock) and he installed the peep site you are considering on his and it does sit off a bit to the left but as bubba.50 just said, it sits back a ways so I doubt it would interfere with your Lock. Maybe check in with Lyman to be sure?

There's a left-hand flinchlock GPR on Gunbroker with the 57SML mounted on it & the seller has lots of close-up photos from various angles.

The Lyman 57SML sight will wrk on your LH GPR. The most you might have to do is bend the hammer slightly. Remember, I said "might".

Back