• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Left handed 50 cal. Flintlock rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is a left-handed rifle I recently built. It is new and unfired, the front sight is left slightly taller for adjustment by the customer to their shooting/sighting style. It has a hard maple stock with some interesting grain features, almost areas of birds' eye with a little curl in the butt, it was a grade 1 from Dunlaps but after completion, I would certainly grade it higher. Barrel is Green Mountain, 7/8 across the flats, .50 caliber, length cut to 38 inches for improved balance and handling. Green Mountain barrels in .50 caliber are 1 turn in 70". Lock is a heavily reworked L&R Durs Egg, trigger is by Davis. Inlays are sterling silver nailed in place and engraved. I designed this more for a hunter, so the LOP is 13 inches which IMO works better wearing hunting clothes. Drop at heel is 2. 7/8" drop at comb is 1.5 ". I also made sure it had a larger trigger guard, as this allows easier access to the trigger with colder hands. Weight is approximately 6 lbs. 7 ounces. Finish is Chamber antique oil finish which gives excellent weather protection. Furniture like side plate, ramrod thimbles, nose cap and sights are all scratch built by me, I try to offer a gun that is unique and individual rather than sticking on a bunch of pre-made components, so you don't end up with a gun like everyone else's. $1600 in wooden crate plus actual shipping cost. Will accept Paypal, Credit card or USPS money order. PM for additional information or pictures.
L2.jpg
L5.jpg
L3.jpg
L4.jpg
l6.jpg
L7.jpg
L8.jpg
L9.jpg
L 10.jpg

Attachments

• L1.jpg
    L1.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This is a left-handed rifle I recently built. It is new and unfired, the front sight is left slightly taller for adjustment by the customer to their shooting/sighting style. It has a hard maple stock with some interesting grain features, almost areas of birds' eye with a little curl in the butt, it was a grade 1 from Dunlaps but after completion, I would certainly grade it higher. Barrel is Green Mountain, 7/8 across the flats, .50 caliber, length cut to 38 inches for improved balance and handling. Green Mountain barrels in .50 caliber are 1 turn in 70". Lock is a heavily reworked L&R Durs Egg, trigger is by Davis. Inlays are sterling silver nailed in place and engraved. I designed this more for a hunter, so the LOP is 13 inches which IMO works better wearing hunting clothes. Drop at heel is 2. 7/8" drop at comb is 1.5 ". I also made sure it had a larger trigger guard, as this allows easier access to the trigger with colder hands. Weight is approximately 6 lbs. 7 ounces. Finish is Chamber antique oil finish which gives excellent weather protection. Furniture like side plate, ramrod thimbles, nose cap and sights are all scratch built by me, I try to offer a gun that is unique and individual rather than sticking on a bunch of pre-made components, so you don't end up with a gun like everyone else's. $1600 in wooden crate plus actual shipping cost. Will accept Paypal, Credit card or USPS money order. PM for additional information or pictures. View attachment 153048View attachment 153049View attachment 153050View attachment 153051View attachment 153052View attachment 153053View attachment 153054View attachment 153055View attachment 153056

Attachments

• L 11.jpg
    L 11.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 0
  • L 12.jpg
    L 12.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 0
  • L 15.jpg
    L 15.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 0
  • L 16.jpg
    L 16.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 0
Just rec'd Kibler in the white. Could have saved a few and NICE wood on yours. Love the personal touch inlays! Keeping yer post, may have to bribe you to do a custom for me!!

I have pm you… can you email me a number to contact you?
Thanks
3 Trees

I have received this rifle from Dale. It arrived by USPS in two days. It was shipped in a custom built plywood box that Dale built and had no issues.

I was briefly into black powder shooting in the early 90s. This is a big step for me and I am excited to own this rifle and get back into black powder rifles. I have never owned a flintlock so this will be a learning experience.

I never thought I would own a rifle like this. It is just perfect for me. The quality is above and beyond.

It has been raining here in the Panhandle of Florida so I haven't been able to make it to the range.

Thank you much Dale.

I have received this rifle from Dale. It arrived by USPS in two days. It was shipped in a custom built plywood box that Dale built and had no issues.

I was briefly into black powder shooting in the early 90s. This is a big step for me and I am excited to own this rifle and get back into black powder rifles. I have never owned a flintlock so this will be a learning experience.

I never thought I would own a rifle like this. It is just perfect for me. The quality is above and beyond.

It has been raining here in the Panhandle of Florida so I haven't been able to make it to the range.

Thank you much Dale.
Congratulations on a fine rifle!!! As my Granddaughter says, "I'm Jelly!!!" :thumb:

RM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back