• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Left Hand Mule Ear Rifle Build

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is a build I just completed. It has a left hand mule ear that was built by an unknown person. I found the lock and it came to me from Texas. It has a quarter cock, half cock and full cock and is as well built as you could ask for. The stock profile is supposed to be somewhat close to a Verner. The barrel is a .45 caliber 13/16" Colerain @ 37" long. It has a single trigger that I modified from a Brown Bess trigger and the sear moves to the rear requiring that I pin it high in the panel. I did build a custom trigger wear plate from brass. The wood is Grade #4 from Pecatonica and was finished with three coats of TOW Original Oil, two coats of Chambers Finish and one application of Bri Wax.

LME1.jpg
LME2.jpg
LME3.jpg
LME4.jpg
LME5.jpg
LME6.jpg
LME7.jpg
LME8.jpg
LME9.jpg
LME10.jpg

Thanks everyone.

Bigfoot, I wish I had more of the left hand locks, but that is the only one I have ever heard of or seen. Looks like it is going to a new home this Friday.

Latest posts

Back