• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Lee The real bullet molds

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackley

40 Cal.
Reaction score
1. 44 Cal. 185 gr. Lee the real bullet dbl cavity mold appears unused
2. 50 cal. 320 gr. Lee The real bullet dbl cavity mold lightly used
$18.00 each plus shipping

GEDC0216.JPG

GEDC0218.JPG

Does the 44 cal have the dia. stated on the box. (451, 454, 457?)
R.E.A.L. bullets are made for use in rifles. They usually have an area at the base that is slightly smaller than the caliber to allow the bullet to be started into the bore.
Above this starting area, the size of the bullet towards the nose is larger than the bore size the bullet was made for.
As the bullet is driven into the bore, the rifling cuts grooves into the lead assuring full engagement.
This is the reason they are called R.E.A.L. bullets. It stands for Rifling Engraved At Loading.

Not 100% sure but, I believe those lightweight ‘44’ R.E.A.L.s were meant for cap-n-ball revolvers.

Not 100% sure but, I believe those lightweight ‘44’ R.E.A.L.s were meant for cap-n-ball revolvers.
Possibly your right.
I can't find any information about the .44's. The .50 REAL bullet is for a rifle according to Dixie Gunworks catalogs. Dixie sold the .50 REAL's in both 250 and 320 grain weights showing them in my old Dixie catalogs from 1995 thru 2008. In 2009, Dixie shows a lot of LEE molds but none of them are for REAL bullets.

The 44 cal 185 grain REAL bullets don't show up in any of my Dixie catalogs.

I have a 200 grain REAL mold that is listed as 45 caliber. The bottom band mics around .448 to .449 and the top around .480 +- . I haven't shot any, but I had my Rogers & Spencer replica on the work bench and the lower band slips easily into the cylinder. I think they would load easily with soft lead. Just for information. The 44 Cal. 185 may or may not be for a 45 caliber rifle. Maybe someone can give a difinitive answer. $18 is a good price.

That 44 cal. 185 grain is one short bullet. Wouldnt a round ball be around the 185 mark? A conical for 44 is 200gr. Isnt it.

Could this short REAL bullet be used instead of a conical in cap and ball revolvers?

Ive been wondering the same thing for years, if the Lee REAL would work in a revolver????

I've been shooting the Lee R.E.A.L. 50cal bullet for years, can't beat the performance. I coat them with Lee ALOX lube, just the best conical I have ever used in a BP rifle. Decent price for what I see here, buy them!!! Using soft lead works best.I also have a 58cal R.E.A.L mold I plan on using in my original 3-band Enfield rifle musket, I expect the same performance there, too. Just my two cents!

I'm no scientist but aren't short bullets more apt to tumble than longer ones. And come to think about it, I've never heard of tumbling bullets as a problem in black powder shooting, is it?

Pardon me for saying so but, IMO the best place to discuss how a item performs is best done out on the general forum, not in the Classified Ad. FOR SALE section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back