• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Lee REAL bullet lube issue

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shoot a lot of REALs. Lee tumble lube is easy! No leading! I sometimes use a felt wad when pushing them a little faster. It's easy----- push the easy button!

I am using Pyrodex. I have a good supply of real BP now so could switch.
During our Civil War, the US Ordnance Dept went to nearly pure 100% beeswax as a Minie lube because it didn't melt off or contaminate powder in the summer and it still functioned well as a lube to keep fouling soft

When I was using .58 REALs I got a .580 sizer, and I hot dipped the REALs in pure beeswax which is available online nearly anywhere . I got a candle wax melter for a few bucks and a Pyrex custard dish and melted the beeswax, and hot dipped the bullets. Popped them thru the sizer to strip off the excess wax, boom, I had a very usable bullet. I kept my .58 Musketoon loaded with one for over a month and then fired it, no problem.

Bear tallow? beef Tallow? really? With all the things available today, why use either of these? Some one pls provide some insight on this issue for me? Thanks

Do you have any issue with mis fires if they've been loaded for several days on a hunting trip?
do not understand why you need lube when hunting with a REAL bullet? barrel is clean they go right down with minimal pressure and you will only fire one or 2 shots. I can see lube if you shoot 30 to 50 sighting in and when I did that I used crisco

Back