• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Leaving some for seed......

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smo

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s a few buck left in my neck of the woods.

With two weeks remaining I would say their chances are good too make it until next Season.

HUNT0121.jpg

Same time .. almost different day!

HUNT0155.jpg

I don't think he will be ready too die by next Season, the following one if he makes until then maybe.

I really like eating Does!

Found a half of one today. Will look for the other half this week, or the body it was attached to.

Attachments

• 20190105_120109.jpg
    20190105_120109.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 56
Nice bucks should be even better if they make it to next season. I have never been a doe shooter regardless of what the pros say. My theory is sometimes the doe you thought, turned out to be a button buck. Also a doe will breed for at least 4-5 years, some where in that period she will birth a set of twins or perhaps two so reasoning would dictate out of seven fawns there is a chance that half will be bucks, not counting the button you killed for a doe. This year I seen 4 different buck deer before finally harvesting a nice 7 point about 1 and half years old. For the last 15 years I have been fortunate to harvest at least 1 nice buck where I hunt. This is enough to make sausage, jerky and put a few steaks in the freezer. Now this coming Oct. we will hunt antelope in Wyoming if the opportunity arises and we make the tag draw I will take a doe and hopefully a buck.

Deer are safe here on my place. What saddens me is most all deer here in my area are either poached or hit by automobiles. The majority being the latter.

Here in Idaho most whitetail bucks except the spikes and fork-n-horn's are normally shed out by the end of the year. I like to walk fence lines, narrow creek edges, and thick brush areas when looking for them.

IMG_4758.JPG
I let this one walk by me three times in November. He survived muzzleloader season too. If he walks past me next year I am not going to be so nice...

Back