• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED Leather Straps Wanted

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase some leather straps to fit to a couple powder horns. 7\16 to 1/2" wide and about a 1/16" thick a couple around 50"s or so would work. Something similar to the photo below. Figure some of you leather workin folks can help out.
20220120_133205.jpg

Tandy Leather has just what you want, I believe: Lightweight Cowhide Straps

The description says these are 4-5 ounce thickness, as opposed to the "normal" 8-9 ounce weight for leather strap material. I think they are overpriced at $9.99 for a 1/2" x 50" strip. I bought a couple of them when they were on sale a few years ago, though.

Generally speaking, I think you get a better deal from Crazy Crow. They have 1/2" x 48" straps on sale right now for $1.93. Here is a link: Pre-Cut Strap Leather

The leather from Crazy Crow seems more supple and less stiff than the Tandy strap leather, to me. I have made several belts from the Crazy Crow leather and they hold up well.

It is noteworthy that the Tandy straps are cut 1/16" undersized, for width, so they fit in the buckle more easily. So the 1/2" Tandy strap is actually 7/16" wide. The Crazy Crow straps are full width.

All of the above refers to leather belt "blanks." If you want one dyed and finished, with the buckle installed, I'm sure some of the leatherworkers here will be able to fix you up.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

Thank you all. I will look at those sellers. I was thinkin they would need to be cut down to a 1/2" from stock and I didnt wanna mess with doin that. Was gonna let one the leathermen here fix me up.

Reactions: smo
Go to THRIFT store and look at belts, purses things like that, belts you may get two or three straps. I picked up a bunch of woven leather belts, took them apart and now I have a bunch of leather wangs for next to nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back