• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Leather Portmanteau Pattern?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great looking portmanteau! I might have to try to copy that one. Any idea of the dimensions on this one, Gus? I would simply determine my own size requirements to make one, but just curious what the size of the original bag is for comparison.
Hi LT,

Unfortunately the source of the original portmanteau's doesn't give dimensions, but I'm guessing from the handle on the end of the round end portmanteau, it is around 10 -12" in diameter and length around 21-24".

Gus

This is a rather large portmanteau I made for myself about three years ago, and it's just about 26" long and about 9" high/wide.
Portmanteu.jpg

Don't create a "lip". Box stitch it like the original Gus pictured. Make your own pattern out of heavy paper and be sure to account for leather thickness in the difference. Your body wrap and lid is based on the size of your sides.

Back