• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Leather or Buckskin Awl

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy folks; Two Feathers here:

I have a hand crafted Awl for the buckskinner, or period reenactor

The price is $8.00 shipped. That’s USD’s to any of the 50 united sates. There’s not a whole lot to say about this one. It measures 4” tip to tip and it measures ½” wide, across the center of the “Z”. It’s 1/16” thick and is made from 1095 high carbon steel. It’s very Sharp (pointed) and comes with a cork over each point to protect the user, but you creative types may want to craft some kind of an alternative protectection device for it? This awl would look right at home in your period sewing kit, or possible bag. One leg is 1-3/4” long, the other is 2” long.

No self-respecting Mountain Man or Buckskinner in the 17 or 1800’s would venture out on the trap line or hunt, without his trusty awl for stitching up holes in his britches and shirt, or for doing just plain Buck Skin repair work.

This awl will make a nice slit or slice for leather thong and lace when lacing up a sheath, fixing tack, or making repairs. It’ll also make a nice Scribe marker for wood.

I ship/sell to Canada, but all prices are in USD$ to the 50 United states. Shipping outside of the US is costly. Prices will vary accordingly.

I prefer PayPal; and I CANNOT stress this enough, Please, please, please, use the PayPal friends option when sending funds! I also accept postal and bank money orders. MO’s will add 1 week for travel time. I ship same day as funds are received, the exceptions are Federal holidays, Sundays, PO hours, and severe weather.

If interested PM me here. As always, thanks for looking.

God bless:

Two Feathers

Attachments

• Awl 001 edited 30.jpg
    Awl 001 edited 30.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Awl 002 edited 30.jpg
    Awl 002 edited 30.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Awl 003 edited 30.jpg
    Awl 003 edited 30.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 92