• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Leather knee breeches

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job, knee-breeches are not in my future but a 2nd pair of buckskin pants just might be.... :)
One of your fellow countrymen is already on the list of things I have to get done before I start on anything else, he lives in Edmonton. After that I have two fancy shooting bags to make for members also, it's a good thing I enjoy doing this, I retired and now my hobby has become my full-time job.. 🤣

I just received the breeches from Andy52 and they are a fantastic piece of work. His stitching is PERFECT and his leather is top quality. The button holes and buttons are superb. Any area under stress (like the waistband, calf buttons and bottom hem) are doubled for strength and durability. The lace-up in the back is just right for final fitting of the waist.

I will pass on a couple of suggestions to him on his pattern, as this was a prototype and I was the "guinea pig."

I highly recommend his workmanship and would have no reservations about ordering from him in the future.

ADK Bigfoot

Thank you sir for the kind words. I strive to make a product that is handmade and as durable as it can be.
Your suggestions are well taken these will need some refinements.
I most certainly will need a more accurate measurement of the knee and thigh to make them fit as knee-breeches should.
Your observation on the fly I really didn't take into consideration as being left-handed, I'll have to think about one and see what people would prefer.

Andy:

Here we are, more than a year later. Are you willing to try again to make me a pair of leather breeches ? Perhaps with my providing better measurements for my tall skinny body!

ADK Bigfoot

Andy:

Here we are, more than a year later. Are you willing to try again to make me a pair of leather breeches ? Perhaps with my providing better measurements for my tall skinny body!

ADK Bigfoot
I am sorry I haven't gotten back to you, I hadn't come back to this thread and didn't know you had written.
Yes, we can try another pair, I wouldn't be able to start on a pair probably until May, I am way behind on my orders.

Andy:

Thanks for the follow up. I am no longer in need of these.

ADK Bigfoot
Not a problem sir, I'm sorry it took this long for me to notice your post. I'm kinda" relieved anywho I'm really behind in my orders right now and it would have taken me awhile to get around to them.

Back