• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Lay another chunk on the fire

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waksupi

Ric Carter
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a new one here, so be gentle.

I see a few familiar names as I browse around, from other forums and shooting disciplines. I like most anything that goes BANG or BOOM! Shooter by choice, hunter by necessity!

I live in a little cabin on Lion Mountain, in the Salish Range, overlooking Flathead Valley, NW Montana.

I have been involved in rendezvous for a little over thirty years, and imagine I may have met a lot of you in my travels. I would know the face, but not the name, most likely, as I never was good remembering them.

I do Indian artifact restoration and reproduction work, and have been at that profession for over 25 years. I'm told I couldn't put my web page URL here, so PM me if you want a look at it.

I'll put on my hunting page.

http://www.geocities.com/ric_carter59932/index.html?1080747208470

From what I have browsed on the forums so far, this seems like a pretty smart bunch. I shall endeavor to not bring down the quality!

By the way, I found the page by way of the ad in Muzzle Blasts.

Ric Carter
Waksupi

Waksupi,...... WAAAUUUGGGGHHH!! welcome to this forum, I have yet to find anuther one of this quality!! These are some'a the finest fellas you'll come across and the topics are innerest'n, you'll fit right in here.

YMHS
rollingb

RollinB, I had seen your handle on here, so I realized right off the standards weren't TOO high, so I could probably find something of interest to add in every once in awhile. :blah:I must say, it does get vexing at time trying to educate the short bus pilgrims on some of the other sites we frequent. It will be nice to associate with some old greybeards here.

I'm sure you'll contribute some innerst'n info to this forum. Don't let ther acceptance of ol'rollinb be the "yardstick" in which to measure this forum's dedication to quality :blah: ::.

I've purty well give'n up on the other forums cause'a the warm receptions and innerest'n topics here on this site.

Welcome agin Waksupi, to the campfire!! ::

YMHS
rollingb/Rondo

RicCarter,
welcome to the forum glad to have you with us.
jump in whenever you can this is a very friendly and informal forum.
again welcome and stay active,

I am snake-eyes :peace: :) :thumbsup:

Welcome Ric Carter...

Man, that elk dwarfs those deers by a few pounds, eh?

There's a spot in everyone's profile for their homepage, put your url in there... :winking:

To get to your profile from here, at the top of this page you will see:

Admin

Waksupi....Yaaahooouu! Glad you could find time in your Cast Boolit duties to find your way over. Drag up a log, have a sit, sure is good to have an old acquaintance on board. Jim Webber (Shooter575) is here too, but he has been tied up with the Nationals all summer...Looking forward to more of your wisdom as we go along. These boys speak smoothbore too, so it should be fun. Enjoy yourself!
Real good to have you. :RO:
Russ

Ric,
Welcome. I, too, have shot ML's for decades but always see something useful, or hilarious in here. (See the "bowling ball mortar!)
Don't worry about bringing "our" standards down! They gave up any hopes of catering to gentility when I joined this forum. (They don't know me well enough to kick me off yet!)
Sure am jealous of your locale re hunting! All we have is whitetail deer, thick as fleas, and small game.
Nice website!
madstone

Welcome Waksupi - Nuther thing, somebody tell Spot that rollingb's back, he's bin belly achin fer months now!!

Welcome again!! sse

WElcome from the Sunshine state...when it is not Hurrican season. Love to see you on here...are you following me? Gee, we seem to be on the same groups list or we just have the same great interest. :imo: Hope you like Monty Python.... :what: :master: :crackup: :crackup:

Well, maybe .......

See you in Rapid City for the next conference....Hey, you missed my wonderfull first talk in front of the PIS group on tipis....Still haven't figured out why everyone was in tears??? Some even left the room. :crackup: :crackup:
You will have to get the DVD to find out what you missed. And you were missed. :master: :master: :eek:

Welcome to the camp,looks like this forum is gathering all the best!I certainley envy the work You do,restoration of the artifacts must be a great education in itself.Do You do this work for Museums and /or private collections? :: :thumbsup:

I do it for both private and public. Whoever has the money, can get my services. I'm trying to phase out the restoration work, as it is a pain in the butt. I am currently working with two museums, One for setting up and getting shows prepared, and one for a major display, but they are tied up with the usual internal politics and funding hassles.

I've been selling more and more to the Pow Wow dancers, and SASS shooters. The dancers want some real classic items to upgrade with, and the SASS shooters are buying rifle scabbards, knife sheaths, beaded holsters, and belt bags real steady. I've been supplying Rick Backman at Old West Reproductions for years with beaded items, and have did some work on an arrangement with Dave Gullo, at Buffalo Arms. I'm also going to try and get the business from the Sharps company, as whoever is making rifle scabbards for them, has no idea on proper time period design.

My best personal contacts for sales is at upper end art shows and gallerys. You have to go where the money is, as the nickle and dime orders don't keep moccassins on the feet!

I sell a little to buckskinners and re-enactors, but find most of them I sell to, are gallery owners, or artists thierselves. When I go to a National, I seldom set up a display, as they search me out. The run of the mill buckskinner doesn't know what they are seeing, or if they do, have enough personal interest to have learned to do the work thierselves, as professional hobbiests.

Right, Linda?

I'll try to post a pic here, from last weekend. I was trying to come up with a photo for Preston Miller to use in the upcoming auction catalog, as I did put some items in this year. Bid early, bid often!

me.jpg

Welcome Ric....TV reception must really be bad up there in Montana since it seems some of the best artisans come from the Big Sky country. :crackup: I've tried beadwork...but it's hard to ever finish something when I only work during halftime or commercials! How about posting some up-close photos of that beautiful beading soon? Glad you're here.

Nice to see you got the picture thing fixed. And you are right on your question. Glad to see you on this site for that reason. Your work is great and worth seeing by all and very historical in look in and quality. Sounds like a "good trade" in the future or a "good buy".

Can't wait till I can get back to beading.

Well, I'm going to take a chance here. In my original post, I did post the link to my page, and was informed this wasn't the place for advertising. I explained that I was just using it as a way of introduction, rather than selling. I was then told it was ok in that context.

So, with my apologies to the webmaster if I have mis-interpretid,

web page

Keep in mind, as far as I can think of, nothing that is shown on this page is currently available. I don't have piles of stuff on the shelf like Wallyworld, everything is made as ordered.

This is a lot easier than trying to post more pictures on here. I most likely will put some things on the classified sections now and then.

Back