• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Latest stupidity from the other side of the pond.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, this isn't meant to be political, I don't care which flavour party is voting for this, it's more of a heads up that this could spell the end of muzzle loading in the EU.
I agree when the lead shot ban goes through I would give it a two to three years time because we have nobody to fight our case
Feltwad

When or if it goes through I will be reaching for the archery catalogues!
No offence but before you venture to that sport it would be wise to check the law concerning shooting game with a bow or crossbows
Feltwad

No offence but before you venture to that sport it would be wise to check the law concerning shooting game with a bow or crossbows
Feltwad
Who said I was going to hunt....no offense.
But in that same vein....if a country keeps making laws it also produces yet more criminals. With more criminals one gets a larger underworld, vice and black markets.
It can be likened to cracking a nut with a sledgehammer, sooner or later the person using the sledgehammer is going to get bruised fingers!

The latest idiocy from this side of the pond is the EU are trying to outlaw lead ammunition. The initial removal of lead only applies to shooting over wetlands, however, once this is passed there are moves afoot to extend this to include all shooting even on a range. This will obviously have a small impact on anyone shooting a muzzleloader or even .22LR.

The authorities seem to have given up trying to ban guns, it looks like they will let you keep your guns, it's just the ammo that will be illegal. Sneaky hey? Especially as I very much suspect that this will enable them to avoid having to pay any compensation as you get to keep your guns, But the legislation gets to be hidden in the guise of "environmental" legislation.

Oh and the EU have also pulled a blinder and got the vote to be held during the peak vacation time and there is no option for abstention, so any country that fails to submit a vote gets automatically registered as a yes vote. How's that for democracy?

It's exactly like that:

The EU government (and mainly France) cannot abolish black powder weapons because there are too many in circulation and buying and selling them is absolutely free (for France only, the freer country on this subject). On the other hand, the central government in Brussels wants to ban weapons...
The simple solution to do that is to do it under the pretext of ecology and rationing in BP: it becomes impossible to get powder and as I have a little trick I manage to get some Pyrodex RS and Select (normally not tolerated in France), the problem is that it doesn't work with flintlock guns or very badly with duplex charges...
The vote for the EU lead ban law will take place during the holidays and not all countries will be ready to answer and vote and here again the regulation is simple: all countries that do not give an answer will be considered as having voted "Yes" and the decision of the Brussels government will be played on velvet...

I have been quite ill lately and I only heard this news on Friday when I went to the shooting club to see the anti-covid provisions and to start shooting again...

I still have 40 Kg of lead, two Kg of BP (I can't have any more for the moment: maximum allowed by law) and two cans of Pyrodex: one RS and one Select and that's it...
As our government is afraid of guns, it would be surprising if we could shoot for a long time in France, but not all European countries will be much luckier...

Morality: dry up the sources and you eliminate the subject gently ... 💀

Pray for us guys... 🤢🤢

Last edited:
It's exactly like that:

The EU government (and mainly France) cannot abolish black powder weapons because there are too many in circulation and buying and selling them is absolutely free (for France only, the freer country on this subject). On the other hand, the central government in Brussels wants to ban weapons...
The simple solution to do that is to do it under the pretext of ecology and rationing in BP: it becomes impossible to get powder and as I have a little trick I manage to get some Pyrodex RS and Select (normally not tolerated in France), the problem is that it doesn't work with flintlock guns or very badly with duplex charges...
The vote for the EU lead ban law will take place during the holidays and not all countries will be ready to answer and vote and here again the regulation is simple: all countries that do not give an answer will be considered as having voted "Yes" and the decision of the Brussels government will be played on velvet...

I have been quite ill lately and I only heard this news on Friday when I went to the shooting club to see the anti-covid provisions and to start shooting again...

I still have 40 Kg of lead, two Kg of BP (I can't have any more for the moment: maximum allowed by law) and two cans of Pyrodex: one RS and one Select and that's it...
As our government is afraid of guns, it would be surprising if we could shoot for a long time in France, but not all European countries will be much luckier...

Morality: dry up the sources and you eliminate the subject gently ... 💀

Pray for us guys... 🤢🤢
The maximum amount of powder that can be held in the uk( including primers and cartridges) under the present law, is 15 kilos

Yep, for us it is only 2Kg of black powder.... :(
About the munitions I don't know what we can have, don't care a bit in fact, because I don't fire metal-cartridge guns, I don't like it. I ear one time guys saying that the wheigt of powder cannot exceed 2K (powder of cartridges included) : we are (almost) free only for the black powder weapons before the year 1900 and all the rest is strictly regulated...

Too late for a Frexit and Macron does't want it ...

About the munitions I don't know what we can have, don't care a bit in fact, because I don't fire metal-cartridge guns,
-Not directed solely at Erwan-
And here we have one of our own biggest problems, apparently in the UK as well as here in the U.S.

Shooters, Even if you do not shoot "that type of gun," you can not turn your back on gun and ammo bans and restrictions!
We have to start caring. I hear this all the time, the trap and skeet guys with there 25 to 30, something thousand dollar shotguns don't care about the latest "assault weapons" ban or magazine restriction or pistol ban, the non hunter doesn't care about the lead only hunting restriction, the hunter that doesn't care if they ban defensive pistol ammo, it goes on and on. Each one of these infringements upon our too small shooting community effects all of us eventually.
The only thing worse is the nitwits I encounter who shoot but pay absolutely NO attention to pending firearms legislation. 2 years after CT passed a law stating that one needs a pistol permit or "ammunition purchasing certificate," (whatever they call it) to buy any ammunition, too many 1 or 2 box a year small game/bird hunters were clueless. These people are dangerous to our ability to oppose these infringements.

I don't even know what to say about the part involving, not voting is counted as a "yes" vote. It literally makes me sick to my stomach. Unbelievable (actually all too believable), mind numbing. I really think this is the worst part of the whole thing.

I’d have to go through it all on paper but it includes shotgun cartridges, blackpowder, shooters powder and primers , if I recall correctly

HomeGunsAmmunition
How to store shotgun cartridges legally and safely
Sporting Gun
Sporting Gun April 17, 2020

"How many shotgun cartridges can you store at home?
We asked Charles Bull of Just Cartridges who replied: ” It depends on the weight or load of the cartridge as it relates to the Net Explosive Quantity (NEQ) but in broad terms, under a normal shotgun certificate, an individual can store up to about 10,000 cartridges. After about 10,000 you would need an Explosives Licence from the police to store more.”

As far as the lead goes,we will soon have the same problem here in the states. They have already been at work on it for years with an ever increasing pile of regulations. In the name of "safety", driven by a drumbeat of a paranoia inducing campaign by the media.

We lost our last lead smelting capability under or previous president and rely totally on imports and recycling for our supply. Very easy for them to cut the civilian supply at any time and thus work further towards their goal of strangling civilian gun ownership and use.

I’m sorry to hear of this ban on lead. I think California has a lead ban but I’m not sure if any other states have followed. We also have a lead ban on the hunting of water fowl. Over here migratory bird hunting is regulated by our federal government but I’m not sure if Dove hunting has to be with lead free shot. Did the U.K. go through with BREXIT? Will this ban be binding on the U.K.? Thanks for sharing.

I think that it's illegal to use lead shot on any migratory waterfowl in all states. It's a devious little way that they sneak in other things such as on the CMR game reserve in Montana, you have to use steel shot for upland birds. In the rest of Montana on private or state land you can use lead shot. I don't know about other federal lands as the CMR is the one I hunt besides BLM and there it hasn't come in yet.
Squint

I have a question for the monitors, does this not fall in line of political discussions or does it not matter since it is dealing with the E.U. or perhaps it really does not matter since it will not effect our snow flake brethren democrats. TFoley better check your F.M.J. bullets as they may have lead cores. And yes I used the political term DEMOCRATS.

I'm certain that they have lead cores, being too poor to afford anything spiffier like they have nowadays. I only hunt paper.

Do you tell them how much you have shot!

Every time I buy .22 it is entered on my FAC, so, if the authorities feel it is necessary, of course they can check how much I've shot. Being law-abiding [how else in order to retain my FAC?] sneakily hoarding ammunition, IF they ban it, would inevitably lead to a prison sentence.

Sorry, this isn't meant to be political, I don't care which flavour party is voting for this, it's more of a heads up that this could spell the end of muzzle loading in the EU.
Sad state of affairs in EU, Australia, and the rest. Coming to a country near you. Wake up!

I have not read any other posts as there are too many and I', "just checking in" BUT..... They banned lead shot here in the USA back in the 80's. To My knowledge theres only 1 other lead ban to move past that is in the peoples rebublic or California (and I fully expect them to ban baby food next, they are insane).

So maybe its just for the birds?? Here in AZ they have also banned lead in the single hunt where the re-introduced the condors but I had a tag years ago and game n fish sent me coupon for 2 boxes of non lead so that worked.

I’d have to go through it all on paper but it includes shotgun cartridges, blackpowder, shooters powder and primers , if I recall correctly
Yes you are correct if you also have nitro shotgun cartridges and you also shoot black powder the the total amount of primers black and nitro powder in bulk powder caps etc which includes the powder in shotgun cartridges must not exceed the 15 kilos The only difference is you can buy shotgun cartridges over the counter with a shotgun certificate but with black powder you need a a BP certificate plus a shotgun certificate or firearms certificate
Feltwad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back