• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Latest bag and horn set

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finished for the most part but this is the latest bag and horn setup I came up with. Bag is about 9" x 10", mix of vegetable tanned cow and pig hide, good sized inside pocket, small pocket on front under the flap and hand stitched with waxed linen inside out with gusset. Buckle and D-rings are hand-forged. Horn is 'repaired' with squirrel hide that I purchased not too long ago, held to the strap with strips of elk hide.

bag_horn.jpg

When you make bags, you always look at someone else's bag to see if you can learn something or add something to your own knowledge.

You do good work

Can you tell me where you get your iron buckle and your iron ring? also what sizes are they

I want to do my own bag in Iron

The buckle is 1 1/2" and would you believe it has been long enough I don't remember where I got it and the D rings... I think it was Mountain Top Trading Company, but I have also purchased from Ben Hoffman (Hoffman Reproductions) or Jim Callahan (bagmolds.com)

Let's try this again - this time with everything added. Before anyone says anything, no, the kitchen sink wouldn't fit! One of these days I will make a belt bag to offload some of this...

Whole shebang with the fowler it was made for:
fowler_set.jpg

Bag with the knife attached:
bag_knife.jpg

knife_bag.jpg

Inside of bag:
bag_inside.jpg

Shot and ball bags:
ball_shot.jpg

Fowler dedicated tools:
bag_tools.jpg

This is such a nice outfit. I really enjoy seeing it. This is exactly why I joined this forum. Love the rifleman's knife. :wink:

Back