• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Latest Acquisition - .58 Harper's Ferry Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My local gun store got this in as part of a trade. Worked out a deal where I traded $150 (my cost years ago) worth of unmentionable powder and ammunition even up.
Unfired with some handling marks and a perfect bore. The lock sparks perfectly.
IMG_2717.JPG
IMG_2716.JPG

My local gun store got this in as part of a trade. Worked out a deal where I traded $150 (my cost years ago) worth of unmentionable powder and ammunition even up.
Unfired with some handling marks and a perfect bore. The lock sparks perfectly.View attachment 115657View attachment 115658

Nice score!

Way back in the 1970's, I was trying the whole "match caliber of long gun to pistol thing." I had a NA Charleville, so got their Charleville pistol as well. I've got HUGE hands, but even so, I had to shoot the pistol using both hands. It shot pretty well, even though the trigger pull was horrible.

OK, so I bought a NA Model 1803 rifle which had the .58 caliber "minnie ball rifling" in it after long thought about that rifling for round ball usage and as my next step in the "same caliber for long gun and pistol" journey. Well, the locks on those rifles were terrible at sparking and no one seemed to know how to fix them well back then. So, I never learned how well it could or could not shoot. (Before he passed, Zonie and others had some excellent advice on how to modify the cock/hammer to get it to spark well, but that was decades after I traded that rifle in disgust.) That pretty much ended my trials of same caliber for long gun and pistol.

I don't know if Pedersoli ever made an M1803 Harpers Ferry rifle? If they did and a good round ball load could be used with it, it would be a good companion piece to your pistol, as they probably would have bored/rifled both with the same tooling.

Gus

I have two smoothbore now. One used to be .50 cal rifled but I smoothbored it to 20 gauge for birds and bear. I loved it so much I bought and built a Kibler .54cal/28 gauge smoothbore rifle. I listed the Kibler for sale here.

Latest posts

Back