• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

last years deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

32 Cal.
Reaction score
PICT0021.jpg

IMG003.jpg
this buck was pushed into me by my brother. And i shot him at 80 yards and he went down. shot him with my lyman trade rifle 54 cal it did the trick

54 Welcome To Camp Nice Buck You And Your Brother
Teamed Up On GOOD ON BOTH OF YOU.
-------------------
Dan-L :thumbsup:

rubincam said:
-----kinda skinny ain't it-----

Actually, he was a full grown male, who i found coming up behind me last deer season. i often ck. my backtrail and this guy was coming up at a trot behind me. We locked eyes at about 20 yards and he stopped and just watched me. very strange behavior :confused: He was
beeutiful to see. Great coloring. Gave him every chance to move on. We looked at each other a full minute, me leaning on my rifle (admiring him), when i finally got uncomfortable with his actions. i raised my rifle and shot. My .45 ball took off his front right leg (thats whats missing) and destroyed his heart.
Upon skinning him i noticed that he did not have any noticeable fat on him. None. I know it sounds alarmist, but, i think he was starving and saw me as a maybe opportunity. i laugh even now when i say it, but ive run the woods all my life (im 46) run traplines &c. and ive never seen such bold behavior from a wild cat. very strange.
He was 41" long.

He didnt have the rabies or distemper did he?

Any time I see unusual behavior like that in predatory animals I gets leery come skinnin time.

Can't be too careful I'm afraid. Did you read about the plague?

He was a healthy male, just thin is all. His strange behavior was that he wouldnt flush. i waved my arms once. All he did, after a minute of watching each other, is crouch down there and wait, like he was waiting for me to move on.

BTW, it was last week of deer season and all the deer had (wisely) moved up to the plateau, at 7000' in an area that is veerry hard to get to. They do it every year. The rest of the year i see them all over.

Didnt mean to hijack 54's thread. just sharing. id a rather liked to have his deer! :bow:

Nice deer 54, congratulations. Also, welcome to the forum.

Nice bobcat too there, diggler.

Spot

Latest posts

Back