Last of the Mohicans??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

Bushfire

🇦🇺 Australia
Reaction score
Regarding the revenant I saw an interview with dicaprio and he said they were planning on using a jelly for the bison liver but the guy who played the pawnee alongside him eats raw liver in real life. Dicaprio said if he does it so should I. So he used a real bison liver and said him neatly vomiting in the dcene was real.

toot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Guerilla warfare has been around for as long as war has been around.

The term guerilla itself I.e. little wars comes from the informal Spanish resistance against Napoleon's occupation of Spain. But that's neither here nor there.
them GORILLA'S have been getting a bad RAP for years!!

Reaction score
A Buffalo eats grass therefore if you eat a Buffalo you are eating grass. You are a vegan.
Works for me.

My sincerest sympathies to those that get all bent out of shape about Buffalo being meat and not a vegetable. Please look into having a sense of humor surgically implanted as you may be in need of one, real bad.

Rock Home Isle

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I’ve been watching a series called “Into the Wilderness Frontier”…it’s pretty good. The series aired last winter, I caught the last 2 episodes, and now they running re-runs…so recording as they are being aired.

I hope there is a season 2.

Bushfire

🇦🇺 Australia
Reaction score
Sorry, I should’ve post that, INSP TV

Those guys can suck a lemon, they aired the first two episodes on YouTube which was great but then pulled them and didn't upload anymore. I contacted them multiple times to ask how I could access it from my country but they never bothered even replying to me.

beardedhorse

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Two of my friends, Tom Oar and Jeff Hengesbaugh were commentators on the Into the Wilderness Frontier. I know Jeff was taped to talk about Kit Carson, Andrew Henry and Joe Meek in a second season. Another series produced by Leonardo DiCaprio that might be named Into the Wild Frontier will be coming up unless that is the name of the first series mentioned that had Daniel Boone, Jim Bridger, John Colter and others. Could pick up inaccuracies in costume and history.

Reaction score
I have a friend who complained that some of the foliage in LOTM was not what it should have been because it was shot in the south and they did not have those plants in the north....

You're specifically talking about "Mountain Laurel" among some other things, but the Laurel jumps out at me every time I watch it. That plant is very common in higher elevations throughout the southern Appalachian mountains, and Ash County NC is no exception. And yes, your friend is correct. It doesn't grow at all around Ft William Henry.

Reaction score
I realise that LOTM was filmed in the South, but what was the actual setting for the story?

The movie is quite different from the book, so this is what the movie portays.

The daughters of Munro start out in Albany and then trekked to the north through the "frontier" to Ft William Henry which is at the south end of Lake George.

They meet up with Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook along that trek who had been hunting and visiting friends somewhere in that frontier between Albany and Ft WH. After the attack on their column Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook guide them safely on to Ft WH.

The retreat of the British from Ft WH after the siege ended was headed south, presumably to Albany, or possibly Fort Edward, when the massacre happened.

Magua captures the daughters and Major Hayward and take them to a Huron village. The Hurons resided between great lakes Lake Huron and Lake Ontario in Canada. Quite a bit more of a trek than the movie portrays it to be.

Rock Home Isle

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Two of my friends, Tom Oar and Jeff Hengesbaugh were commentators on the Into the Wilderness Frontier. I know Jeff was taped to talk about Kit Carson, Andrew Henry and Joe Meek in a second season. Another series produced by Leonardo DiCaprio that might be named Into the Wild Frontier will be coming up unless that is the name of the first series mentioned that had Daniel Boone, Jim Bridger, John Colter and others. Could pick up inaccuracies in costume and history.
It’s been a fun series…glad to hear there might be a season two.