• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Last of the Mohicans Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As someone said much earlier in thread, the movie was way better than the book. I read the book, it sucked. Michael Mann directed. He also did Heat, the Miami Vice tv series. And probably a bunch i forget. The guy is a genius of action movies.
The opening scene sucks you in then “they stay where they lay” was just wow, the reality of those times.
DDL maybe the best method actor ever. He found Native Americans who knew, then lived in the woods for 6 months and learned Algonuin language. Look it up if you don’t believe me.
He retired from acting a few years later. Made enough money and his dedication to his craft was kicking his ass and taking a toll.
And lets not forget Wes Studi. A true Native amazing actor and excellent in every movie he been in. Including Heat.

Last edited:
The contrabution to muzzleloading , and to the interest in Colonial American history , is priceless from the movie Last of the Mohlcans. Sure there is a lot of Hollywood in it , but that's just spice. I have been fortunate over the last 0 or so yrs. to have accumulated about a wheelbarrow of books that recount many details from actual happenings from about 1740 to 1820. Most of the details from my library are shocking to modern day senses , just as many of the details in L of The M's movie. That history is what it was.. I was born , and grew up in Pa. , between the Mid Monongehela River , and the Ohio River below Wheeling W.Va.. My 6th grade American History teacher , Mr. S. , spent about one half of one class period explaining the local history around the county where we lived , but sadly , though he lived almost with in sight of the famous Garrard's Fort indian massacer , as revenge for killing chief Logan's family , Mr S's contribution to local history was lacking. Loved the guy. He was in several hard fought battles in France , and Germany , during WWII. I admired him.......oldwood
Sadly, that's the way in history classes. I asked my friend from Great Britain what they taught about American history and the Revolution and he said they put them in a room and showed cowboy movies every day. That's why we read so we can know for ourselves what happened in our history.

Sadly, that's the way in history classes. I asked my friend from Great Britain what they taught about American history and the Revolution and he said they put them in a room and showed cowboy movies every day. That's why we read so we can know for ourselves what happened in our history.

Well it’s the new world , you cannot expect much history , like us going back to the dark ages 15,000 years ago But you have adventure still, a wilderness to hunt in , oh and politics. Ha ha. Here’s Forarges castle in France Just a ferry dover uk and you are in France WOW. Big country empty roads

Attachments

• C1105067-B36F-4A1D-95AF-B97B8F3C91A8.jpeg
    C1105067-B36F-4A1D-95AF-B97B8F3C91A8.jpeg
    290.2 KB · Views: 0
  • BDC128EB-1BC1-41AF-86FC-23C38FD7E98D.jpeg
    BDC128EB-1BC1-41AF-86FC-23C38FD7E98D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 836B85F0-8243-412C-9725-2C9B8C0EAA84.jpeg
    836B85F0-8243-412C-9725-2C9B8C0EAA84.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 0
  • 81538E0E-709F-4A02-B0C6-0C65AF17F1C2.jpeg
    81538E0E-709F-4A02-B0C6-0C65AF17F1C2.jpeg