• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Last night up on Cripple Creek

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave951

62 Cal.
Reaction score
It was a dark and stormy night.........

Well Friday nights are usually for a large campfire ceremony involving the entire camp but there were some very powerful storms going through our part of NC so they cancelled the big shindig. Not to be deterred, we had our own get together in the Trading Post at Cripple Creek, the Mountain Man program area with just the Mountain Man campers.

And some pix and with some explanations-

I've been waiting for days for this one. This Scout leader managed to wing Col Mustard (a mustard pack) with a musket in volley fire and had his own special war whoop and a dance worthy of Mick Jagger. In our little world of instructors, this cannot go without "special recognition".
IMG_8220.JPG

Which of course warranted a very special award and induction into the Ancient and Noble Order of the Blind Squirrel.
IMG_8221.JPG

And our newest inductee to the ANBS is awarded the rank of "Hero" in the ongoing struggle against Col Mustard and his minions, Maj Mayonaise and Capt Ketchup. Not being familiar with the secretive ANBS, our new "Hero" had to ask about his standing amongst the Nobles in the ANBS, to which we responded, "just a cut above Janitor"
IMG_8229.JPG

IMG_8226.JPG

And of course we had awards for the youth who we felt best shows a combination of marksmanship, good attitude, and friendship in a session. Our young Scout was a pleasure to work with. Our "Hero" is holding the medal for the other Scout who had to catch an early flight home to FL. Pictured L to R- Myself, Mike, Andy Perez, and Ricky DiMarco (Mountain Man Program Director). Ricky is wearing the Hogwarts shirt as it was gift from the Scouts who told him it was a movie about a tremendous battle for a castle in England. Ricky lives in a bit of a bubble and has no idea who Harry Potter is. None of us has told him yet. If he does know, he deserves an Oscar for playing along.
IMG_8249.JPG

This was a really fun bunch to work with. Andy Perez is the Scoutmaster of this troop from Miami. He and some of his older Scouts were responsible for further range improvements at Cripple Creek. I really hope to see these guys again in the future.

Great post, Dave! I'm glad to see the Scouts being included in the shooting and the fun.

I can relate to the gentleman who "lives in a bubble," and I got a little laugh out of that!

Notchy Bob

Latest posts

Back