• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Last camp session for the summer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave951

62 Cal.
Reaction score
The last session in 2022 for shooting muzzleloaders in Camp Raven Knob Mountain Man program is done. We had 5 kids and one adult leader. With a limited number, our group was able to devote more attention than we normally do to marksmanship development. All the kids were great and a credit to their parents and to Scouting. And of course some pix-

Volley fire in our never ending battle against Col Mustard and the evils he brings to our fair shores.
IMG_8537.JPG

PathfinderNC demonstrating Natural Point of Aim for basic marksmanship in offhand shooting
IMG_8521.JPG

Skiving off from his photographer duties, my 88yo dad got some trigger time on a Parker Hale musketoon. And yes, he nailed everything he shot at.
IMG_8529.JPG

St Marty of the Revolver instructing on marksmanship.
IMG_8527.JPG

And it's not all guns all the time........
IMG_8545.JPG

Those Scouts will remember this for the rest of their lives. They might even take it up as a hobby / obsession.
I'll bet you'll remember it for a long time, too.
I remember the times I taught Scouts .22 Rifle Marksmanship at Camp Strake, north of Houston.
Good times. And both of my sons Eagled. 😁

Those Scouts will remember this for the rest of their lives. They might even take it up as a hobby / obsession.
I'll bet you'll remember it for a long time, too.
I remember the times I taught Scouts .22 Rifle Marksmanship at Camp Strake, north of Houston.
Good times. And both of my sons Eagled. 😁
They especially liked the volley fire. I hope some of them in the future will take it up. Seems like one in particular was very keen to keep going.

I was an Asst Scoutmaster back in the day. Both my sons Eagled and went on to careers in the military. Oldest just retired from the USAF. Yeah, I'm getting old. Here's a pic from a match he attended just after he retired. We drafted him for our 6lb rifled howitzer crew and put him on Position 1 and I served the gun on Position 2. My dad (his grandfather) was powder monkey on Position 6 and taking the pics.
SAM_0434.JPG

I was an Asst Scoutmaster back in the day. Both my sons Eagled and went on to careers in the military.
Den Leader and ASM for 17 years. Like I said, both sons Eagled.
Older son deployed as an Army combat medic to Egypt to enforce the Camp David Accord.
Younger son is a current AF SSgt and boom operator for aerial refueling of fighters and others as needed, including a combat deployment to Qatar. Also served as powder monkey on several cannon crews at Liendo and other reenactments with me years ago. Can't find photos right now.

Lots for you and me to be proud of. Salute! 🇺🇸

Younger son is a current AF SSgt and boom operator for aerial refueling of fighters and others as needed, including a combat deployment to Qatar.

Lots for you and me to be proud of. Salute! 🇺🇸

My youngest is a Lt Col and a KC135 driver. Your son and mine may well have crossed paths at some point if not on deployment then maybe at Red Flag. Mine has been on multiple deployments to the sandbox and other places. I'd bet good money your son has been to Altus AFB at some point too.

They may have met, or had drinks together!
Kyle and crew of their KC-10 before leaving Qatar.
Kyle is on the right.

Kyle and Crew in Qatar.JPG

He has mentioned Altus, but I'm not sure if he's been there.

He made it into a training film at

Kyle in Training Film.JPG

Looking out his office window while working on 4 July.
Refueling a Fighter.jpg

I'm glad my kids are amounting to more than I ever did! 😁 🇺🇸

I have his permission to post these. I certainly asked to make sure. Don't want any knocks at the door by Security!

Dave, was that at Ft Allison in Statesville NC?
We shoot with the Scouts at the primitive range at Camp Raven Knob near Ladonia, NC. It's just south of Fancy Gap, VA where NC89 crosses I77. Allison Woods is further south on I77

Back