• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Largest group this summer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave951

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Well we had 20 Scouts and leaders yesterday. We had to split into two sessions but the kids had a ball. After some instruction, several were able to hit marshmallows with the muskets. It was hot but the kids had a great time.

Jim aka "KowDoc" is giving a brief on loading procedures for muskets with minies.
IMG_8394.JPG

PathfinderNC with a student
IMG_8461.JPG

St. Marty working with a student in the patch round ball part of the session.
IMG_8404.JPG

Sometimes there are casualties. Between loss of sleep from the storms the previous evening and the heat of the day, our intrepid program director succumbs to fatigue during a break.
IMG_8451.JPG

That takes me back a few years, in 1979 I was a Scout Leader in the CBSI in Ireland and we used to have firearm safety evenings a couple of times a year,
The local police Sergeant (Garda Siochana) would run things and I did the bit about muzzle loaders.

Unfortunately, in Australia, the Scouts have nothing to do with firearms.

That takes me back a few years, in 1979 I was a Scout Leader in the CBSI in Ireland and we used to have firearm safety evenings a couple of times a year,
The local police Sergeant (Garda Siochana) would run things and I did the bit about muzzle loaders.

Unfortunately, in Australia, the Scouts have nothing to do with firearms.
Fortunately, we're in the unruly part of the colonies who no longer recognize the authority of the crown. 😁

We're doing this because many youth camps have a chronic problem in staffing across the board in all programs but it's acute in regards to muzzleloading. Since we in the North South Skirmish Association shoot competition with black powder arms, we've decided to take time out to help bring along the younger generation through providing a safe, fun, positive experience with a bit of marksmanship instruction. It doesn't take a sociology expert to realize there's a problem nor does it take one to start trying to make a difference to solve it.

Back