• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Large(r) powder horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy folks; Two Feathers here; Just in time for the new 2020 rendezvous season. Don’t let this one pass you by.

I have a really nice full sized powder horn. This is something different from me for a change. The price is $70.00 + $15.00 s&h USD$ to the lower 48 states.

I’m pretty certain that this horn will hold at least ¾ of a pound of powder, maybe more? The horn measures 10” cap base to pour spout tip around the curve. This horn has very little curve, in fact it’s almost straight. There is just enough curve to make it a Right hand horn.

The horn has a 1” thick Cherry cap, it has a brass threaded insert, and my non-sparking 3/8”-16 Brass threaded removable fill rod with Maple Acorn finial for easy no mess filling. The Acorn finial has a Leather gasket between the Acorn and the brass insert. The new bigger sized insert makes it much easier to fill with almost any size funnel. NO more expensive Black Powder all over the floor when you’re filling this horn!

The horn has a woven Cotton strap with signed leather tabs securely hand stitched to each end. The cap end has an Iron staple attaching it to the leather tab. The pour spout end has a soft Buckskin thong attaching the strap to the horn. The horn also has a burled Cherry; carved pour spout plug securely attached to the strap with more soft Buckskin thong. You can easily retie the thong to adjust the “hang length.” I made this strap to fit me, and I’m a big guy.

The cap is attached by 4 forged Copper nails, and then it is wax sealed to make it water proof. There is NO glue holding the cap on. This is NOT a bomb like some of the third world horns! The horn is highly polished; it’s kind of a creamy Jade Green and White in color.

I ship/sell to Canada, but all prices are in USD$ to the lower 48 states. Shipping outside the US is costly. Please PM for OTUS prices.

I prefer PayPal friends and family, but I also take postal or bank money orders. MO’s will add 1 week for travel time. I ship same day as funds are received, exceptions are Federal holidays, Sundays, PO hours, severe weather, and now this Coronavirus thing.

If interested PM me here. As always, thanks for looking.

God bless:

Two Feathers

Attachments

• thumbnail (831).jpg
    thumbnail (831).jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 85
  • thumbnail (832).jpg
    thumbnail (832).jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 85
  • thumbnail (833).jpg
    thumbnail (833).jpg
    192 KB · Views: 88
  • thumbnail (834).jpg
    thumbnail (834).jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 109
  • thumbnail (835).jpg
    thumbnail (835).jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 113
  • thumbnail (836).jpg
    thumbnail (836).jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 106
Dave,
Love the powder horn, gotta have it. Is it still available?

You can PM (Privet message) him about it. Just hold your cursor over his photo and a little box will open, there is a tab that says "Start a conversation"
Click it and tell him you want it, that way you can talk about things like address without the whole world seeing it. :thumb:

Hi again Mike
Yessirree... She's settin' here right beside me.
Are you at the same address?
If this goes through it should go out tomorrow? I'm back to going to the PO. MUCH better than that danged home pickup manure!! You know the drill? As soon as I get home I'll email you the tracking info.

Thank you for your repeat business.
Are y'all stayin' safe up there?
Thanks Mike.
God bless:
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back