• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Large beautiful powder horn.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy folks, Two Feathers here:

I have a very nice large powder horn for sale. It’s NOT a supply horn however. The price is $85.00 + $15.00 s&h all USD$ to any of the 50 united states. I hope you are able to see the beauty of this horn in my photos, I’m no professional photographer.

I believe that this horn will hold at least ¾ of a pound of powder maybe more? The horn measures 13” cap base to tip around the curve. It measures 10” cap base to tip across the curve. This beautiful horn is a myriad of mottled and blended dye colors for the purposes of aging. The colors are permanent! It runs from light vintage Amber to Dark Brown at the tip. The cap is 1.25” thick carved Solid Cherry and is held in with 8 dome headed tacks for a period look. The cap has been sealed with a mix of my waxes for water resistance and air tightness. There is NO glue used on this horn anywhere!!! The strap is two tone woven cotton; it’s Medium Gray and Dark Charcoal in color. The strap has a hand stitched leather fob at each end, for joining the strap to the horn by way of an iron staple at either end of the horn. The fobs are dyed dark Brown. There is a short length of soft Buckskin thong attaching the strap to the horn staple at the pour spout end. Also, there is a hand carved pour spout plug made of White Tail antler, that is attached to the horn staple with a short length of soft Buckskin to aid in loss prevention.

The horn has my had adorned Maple Acorn and threaded Brass rod and brass insert to aid in filling the horn without powder loss. No more wasted, expensive, Black Powder all over the floor or loading bench. With my acorn finial, threaded filler insert and a small funnel (included free), you’ll be able to fill the horn in a matter of seconds!

There are 2 leather washers between the Acorn and the insert. These act as a sealer and also aid in water resistance and air tightness.

I took pictures both inside AND outside of my home, just to be sure you can appreciate the beauty and craftsmanship in this horn.

You won’t find a horn of this hand crafted quality for the money in TOTW or CC, I’m pretty certain of that! This is just one more example of the time and care that I put into all my Two Feathers wares that folks have come to appreciate and value.

Don’t let this one pass you by! It’s a steal for the price.

I ship/sell to Canada, but all prices are in USD$ to the 50 United states. Shipping outside of the US is costly. Prices will vary accordingly.

I prefer PayPal; and I CANNOT stress this enough, Please, please, please, use the PayPal friends option when sending funds! I also accept postal and bank money orders. MO’s will add 1 week for travel time. I ship same day as funds are received, the exceptions are Federal holidays, Sundays, PO hours, and severe weather. If you buy this horn, you will receive a tracking link, the minute I return from the PO.

If interested PM me here. As always, thanks for looking.

God bless:

Two Feathers

Attachments

• fINISHED LARGE HORN 001 EDITED 30.jpg
    fINISHED LARGE HORN 001 EDITED 30.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 50
  • fINISHED LARGE HORN 002 EDITED 30.jpg
    fINISHED LARGE HORN 002 EDITED 30.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 43
  • fINISHED LARGE HORN 003 EDITED 30.jpg
    fINISHED LARGE HORN 003 EDITED 30.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 33