• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lanolin for rust.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cutfinger, I bought a homemade Irish knit sweater in the 70s. I rode motorcycles year round and duck hunted, I loved that sweater, to bad I grew a gut and it doesn't fit anymore. Wool is amazing, all the fisherman out at sea wore them, soaking wet and still warm.

Cutfinger, I bought a homemade Irish knit sweater in the 70s. I rode motorcycles year round and duck hunted, I loved that sweater, to bad I grew a gut and it doesn't fit anymore. Wool is amazing, all the fisherman out at sea wore them, soaking wet and still warm.
Absolutely .The fibers swell and knit together , effectively keeping out the rain and wind . We had a company here which made hunting jackets and pullovers ( sweater) out of a woolen material which was tightly woven then boiled , which made the fibers tighten up , making a tough water resistant and wind proof material . Like all good things production was moved to China where the quality dropped and hunters and farmers stopped wearing it .

Helped clean out my neighbors sheep barn several times. Where the sheep manure touched the steel wall panels and gates was solid rust.
Sheep are constantly covered in sheep manure yet I've never seen any sheep rust out.
I say this definitely proves that lanolin prevents rust.

Helped clean out my neighbors sheep barn several times. Where the sheep manure touched the steel wall panels and gates was solid rust.
Sheep are constantly covered in sheep manure yet I've never seen any sheep rust out.
I say this definitely proves that lanolin prevents rust.
There is a lot of urine mixed in there . If the sheep are covered in manure someone isn't a farmer in any way .

Latest posts

Back