• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED Lancaster Style .40 Caliber Flintlock Match Rifle - One Time Price Reduction

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have the below Lancaster style flintlock match rifle for sale. The stock is Sugar Maple and I built it from a blank and completed it in July 2022. The barrel is a Rice "Match", square groove .40 caliber, 36" long 1-48" twist and is 7/8" across the flats. The lock is a Small Siler and the touch hole liner is a Chambers White Lightnin 5/16x32 with a 1/16" diameter hole. The rear sight is a Kensight adjustable Silhouette type and the front is a standard metal type from TOW. The trigger is a Bud Siler, double trigger - single set. It must be set before cocking and before removing/installing the lock. This trigger has a very positive and safe engagement - BUT it is very light by design. "It will fire with a slight touch". The barrel, butt plate and lock are browned and the remaining furniture is brass. The LOP is 13 1/2".

This rifle has not been fired or sighted in.

I am asking $1,700 plus fully insured shipping through the USPS which will be approx. $100 depending on where you live. If you live West of the big river, you can add $15 to the shipping. Sorry, but the shipping rates have went up. It will come in a new hard plastic shipping/gun case which you keep.

I accept USPS Money orders or I can take a credit/debit card by phone with the 3.5% fee they charge me. Please ask if additional information or pictures are needed.

IMG_0559.jpeg
IMG_0560.jpeg
IMG_0561.jpeg
IMG_0562.jpeg
IMG_0563.jpeg
IMG_0564.jpeg
IMG_0565.jpeg
IMG_0566.jpeg
IMG_0567.jpeg
IMG_0568.jpeg

Last edited:
Just to show what these are capable of, I am just sighting in a similar rifle to this one for myself. The only difference between the two rifles is the one I am trying to keep is a full stock takedown w/ a Dale Johnson lock. 45 Gn's Swiss 2F w/ a .395 ball and a thick canvas patch. This group was shot off a bench (100 yards) under some very poor lighting conditions.

IMG_0596.jpeg

Latest posts

Back