• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Lancaster Muzzle loading faire

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to this show today It's not far from my son's house, so I made a day of it. It was not just a muzzleloaders show. It was pretty much the same small gun show it always is, just with a few more muzzleloaders. Quite disappointing really. There were only two tables with really nice muzzleloaders, and they were priced out if reach of most there. The rest of the show was modern stuff, by that I mean WWII Era rifles and others. As usual, most of the stuff was out of reach to anyone but maybe Elon Musk. You guys didn't miss anything special trust me.

I hadn't been to this show in 20 years. The venue changed to a MUCH roomier location, albeit out of the way. There were a few tables with contemporary rifles, and a couple with originals, but mostly modern guns/ammo/militaria. The only $$ I spent was on admission, but there were a few items that tempted me.

The KRA show is next weekend NW of Pittsburgh, there is something going on at Fort Loudon (west of Chambersburg) this same weekend. Mac Spencer's Eastern Longrifle show is back in Morgantown 1st weekend in October because pf a conflict with a bigger show in York mid September.

Worked out well for me. Got a 400 primers for my 38 non-mentionable, a wool storage stock for my recent build and a box of 490 hornady round balls and had a lovely chat with Paul Allison a master flintlock builder from Gap, PA. If any person has his contact info please Private message me. He is not on the forum because he does not do internet

I hadn't been to this show in 20 years. The venue changed to a MUCH roomier location, albeit out of the way. There were a few tables with contemporary rifles, and a couple with originals, but mostly modern guns/ammo/militaria. The only $$ I spent was on admission, but there were a few items that tempted me.

The KRA show is next weekend NW of Pittsburgh, there is something going on at Fort Loudon (west of Chambersburg) this same weekend. Mac Spencer's Eastern Longrifle show is back in Morgantown 1st weekend in October because pf a conflict with a bigger show in York mid September.
I too was tempted. I almost laid down the money for another M1 Garand, but I passed it up. And another guy had a Japanese 24th Series type 99 Toyo Kogyo Arisaka rifle that I liked but he wouldn't budge on the price even though I pointed out to him that with a mismatched bolt it wasn't worth the $300 he wanted for it. So I let him take it back home.

I know they're unmentionable here but just relating.

Worked out well for me. Got a 400 primers for my 38 non-mentionable, a wool storage stock for my recent build and a box of 490 hornady round balls and had a lovely chat with Paul Allison a master flintlock builder from Gap, PA. If any person has his contact info please Private message me. He is not on the forum because he does not do internet

I have Mr. Allison's contact info out in the car. I'll PM it to you shortly. I also had a long conversation with him and I believe one of his LH smoothbores is in my future.

Thanks
O.R.

I went to the show Sunday and it was good to see the regular Muzzle Loader vendors from the our area. Its true there were more WW1, WW2, black rifle and unmentionable vendors than in the past years. Its definitely not the same show as it was in the Farm Home Center for years.. But to be fair what is the same as past years. The club makes their money from vendor tables fees and the $5.00 a head at the door. Any organization needs to adapt to the times or fail. I'm not a Lancaster Muzzle Loader Association member, I'm just stating the obvious.

My only criticism would be look for someplace with air conditioning next year.! I have no problem with sweltering heat and humidity but I prefer to dress for it!

Thanks
O.R.

Back