• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lancaster, Lehigh, "Ludowici?"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cat,
I hope you didn’t take my reply as criticism. I’ve built well over 100 guns in the last 25 years, so I have some understanding of longrifle construction, a lot of them Lancasters and Lehighs.
I assumed you were asking about styles, and some background on what you had. I was speaking to that.
The Bucks Co. gun is an obvious precarve from TOW, with an A Vernor patch box. Not a bad gun for sure.
The very dark one, with the bad buttplate inlet, is a precarve of an Early Lancaster. The reason the buttstock is dished out, is that the buttplate was not properly installed.
I am being totally honest here, telling you what I see. They are kit guns that a beginner put together.
Does that make them bad? Hell no! We all started somewhere. Shoot and enjoy them.
Sorry if I stepped on toes.

Cat,
I hope you didn’t take my reply as criticism. I’ve built well over 100 guns in the last 25 years, so I have some understanding of longrifle construction, a lot of them Lancasters and Lehighs.
I assumed you were asking about styles, and some background on what you had. I was speaking to that.
The Bucks Co. gun is an obvious precarve from TOW, with an A Vernor patch box. Not a bad gun for sure.
The very dark one, with the bad buttplate inlet, is a precarve of an Early Lancaster. The reason the buttstock is dished out, is that the buttplate was not properly installed.
I am being totally honest here, telling you what I see. They are kit guns that a beginner put together.
Does that make them bad? Hell no! We all started somewhere. Shoot and enjoy them.
Sorry if I stepped on toes.

Not at all Flintandsteel, your post was very constructive.

Back