• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED L&R TC Lock (#03) FLINT

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am going to replace the lock on my TC Hawken and before I buy a new one, I figured I see if anyone has one they want to sell.

Drop me a PM if you have one and are looking to get rid of it.
thnx

I replaced mine with a L&R then the touch hole didnt line up with the priming pan it was 3/16 higher..Really got to fill it up higher with null b way more than i thought you should have to.Iam no expert in flinters but hhhmmm..just so you know.

I have 2 L&R RPL 03 flintlock locks in service. Very little wood work required and touch hole location is good.

I recommend buying direct from L&R. Same prices and great service.

I bought an RPL-05 flint directly from L&R and had Brad Emig of Cabin Creek tune it for me. Brad and Shane do excellent, quality, fair priced work! As far as installation on my Lyman Trade Rifle it wasn't that difficult. You have to remove extra wood because I had the original coil spring lock and switched to L&R which is a leaf spring lock. Just take your time and go slow and make sure the lock works smoothly. My touch hole lined up perfectly also. If you can't tune a lock I strongly suggest sending it to Cabin Creek because L&R's locks need to be tuned!

Interesting that the TH lines up for some and not for others. I'll have to watch that...

The frizzen on my hawken will not seal the pan, and I'm at the point of just wanting to replace it. So, I will likely take the plunge with the L&R. Thanks, erhunter, for the recommendation on Cabin Creek. I'm in NoVA, so it's not terribly difficult to get there if I need their assistance.

Bump for anyone who has a lock....

As per recommendation of Brad Emig, DON'T send your lock Fed-EX! They lost my original lock sent to Cabin Creek. Brad says ship it USPS insured Priority Mail. I did that with my L&R and it got there in 3 days. I live in Benton, Pa. Again, Cabin Creek is the place to send any lock to for tuning.

If your original lock sparks ok and doesn't break flints all of the time, I would send it to Brad and let him tune it. I would have kept my original Lyman lock but FedEx lost it on the way to Cabin Creek. You will spend about $120 to have Brad tune it which includes return insured shipping. Figuring a new L&R is about $200 and the addition of $120 for tuning, if your original locks works ok just have Brad tune the original.

Interesting that the TH lines up for some and not for others. I'll have to watch that...

The frizzen on my hawken will not seal the pan, and I'm at the point of just wanting to replace it. So, I will likely take the plunge with the L&R. Thanks, erhunter, for the recommendation on Cabin Creek. I'm in NoVA, so it's not terribly difficult to get there if I need their assistance.

Bump for anyone who has a lock....
That’s why I replaced mine too.

If your original lock sparks ok and doesn't break flints all of the time, I would send it to Brad and let him tune it. I would have kept my original Lyman lock but FedEx lost it on the way to Cabin Creek. You will spend about $120 to have Brad tune it which includes return insured shipping. Figuring a new L&R is about $200 and the addition of $120 for tuning, if your original locks works ok just have Brad tune the original.

Thanks for the suggestion. I spoke to Brad and I'm gonna go the direction of having the lock tuned...it seems like a very do-able solution.

Back