L & R out of business?

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Notchy Bob

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I am glad to hear the rumor is false, and that the L&R website and phones are up and running. I browsed through their website this morning.

The R.E. Davis / Log Cabin relationship is old news, and the change of hands was pretty well documented in the blackpowder media.

I don't know what was going on with the website for those couple of days. I hate to see any muzzleloader business go under, and it's always a a great day when a new one opens up, with good-quality products. Mr. Kibler's rifle kits, and now his locks, have taken the marketplace by storm. Liston Rice, who actually founded L&R, just introduced a new late English flintlock last year, and I see he now offers several types of triggers, as well: Buck Ridge Flintlocks

So, all's well in the end.

Notchy Bob

gunnyr

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Whenever I hear statements (rumors) with no facts or proof my standard response is THE HELL YOU SAY ! I have only
built a few rifles from parts , I am however a buyer of finished rifles. I too hate to see any muzzle loading enterprise
go out of business.
gunnyr

springfield art

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure. Great question... I did hear some where that some environmentalists apposed the legislation because it would put undue pressure on an unknown species...or something...I'm not sure. I read it but I don't know for sure...

...and here is where RUMOR becomes fact.

If they existed, and there is no evidence for that, they would have been seen and shot by the very earliest settlers to this Continent.