L&R Lock Company's Outstanding Customer Service

Discussion in 'Vendors and Manufacturers' started by Iron Jim Rackham, Jul 27, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Jul 27, 2019 #1

Iron Jim Rackham

Iron Jim Rackham

Iron Jim Rackham

40 Cal. MLF Supporter

I have a beautiful fowler built by Mike Brooks a generation ago. Because of it's age, I was concerned about the obtainability of replacement parts, when needed at some unknowable future date. Mike suggested I contact L&R. They responded to my email inquiry promptly,and asked me to ship the lock to them. They fitted a new hardened frizzen, frizzen and mainspring, and returned them, with the original parts still installed as directed in one weeks time. The original lock and parts still works fine, but I now have replacements
    for the next generation of shooters. They were a pleasure to deal with, and I am so pleased with the quality of their work and their outstanding customer service, that I would highly recommend them to anyone searching for a fast, reliable flintlock.

Tom Compton and Brokennock like this.
  2. Jul 27, 2019 #2

Rifleman1776

Rifleman1776

Rifleman1776

Cannon MLF Supporter

You nailed it. L&R is fine people and great products. OTOH, Davis once sent me a lock with a defective frizzen. When I called they said they didn't want to talk about it. Later they sent me new frizzen but also sent a bill for it. Still didn't work like a good lock should.

3. Aug 20, 2019 #3

S.Kenton

S.Kenton

S.Kenton

58 Cal.

I agree! I have had some great dealings with L and R. Good people and fast turn around times.