L Day Swivel Barrel .58 cal rifle

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Sun City

36 Cal.
Reaction score

Goose

32 Cal
Reaction score
That is indeed a beautiful rifle. Are both barrels .58 and rifled?

Reaction score
I have one of Leonard's swivel guns it is a 50 cal. with changeable locks. Both flint and percussion, currently it is set up with the flint lock, it is a shooter with round ball. I believe you will be very pleased with the rifle.

F.G. Ford

62 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Either the lock is on the wrong side, or you have to fire this gun with the hammer facing the floor.....something is wrong here:p:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Forgot to mention mine is also a left handed rifle, I will take a chance here and guess the person you bought the rifle from is first name of Sheldon.

Reaction score
Opps, The fellow I bought mine from had 2, The one I bought was the 50 mentioned earlier figured the larger cal. one like the one you bought was kind of heavy. If I had the money I would buy the other one, nice rifles. Did not want to mention the full name of my seller. I had the opportunity to speak to Leonard at the Ft. Frederick market faire last year or 2 back very nice fellow. My rifle is serial # 149 hope to use it this fall on a Maryland eastern shore Sika deer hunt if the hunt can be arranged. Good shooting and enjoy the rifle they draw attention at the range.