• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kuchenreuter trigger removal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rudall

40 Cal
Reaction score
Hello all.
I wonder if any of you kind folk could tell me how to remove the trigger assembly from a Pedersoli Kuchenreuter pistol. Removing the lock and receiver is simple enough, but the trigger is baffling me.
Many thanks in advance.
Andrew

No experience with that particular model, but it most likely will be held in with either pins or screws. If you can't see either, look for spots where plastic wood or putty might have been used to cover things. These things are (almost) NEVER glued in place.

I wish! Unfortunately, when the tang is removed all the hardware around the trigger remains firmly in place even though the screw is not there.

Yes, I’ve done all that. Not a sign of anything budging. I can’t under what is keeping the front of the trigger plate tightly flush to the stock, unless it is glued in place. In the Le Page, for example, there is a screw to the front of the trigger guard/screw. Part number 44.

When all else fails, contact the below:

Service points & Warranty service
LEE SHAVER GUNSMITH
404 East 17th St. - P.O. Box 570 - 64759 - LAMAR, MO.

Give this a try. Remove the barrel AND the breech tang. I believe you’ll find the tang screw threads into the trigger plate. Also remove the trigger guard screw from the grip.
Leaving the tang out, thread the tang bolt back into the trigger plate a couple turns. Then, LIGHTLY tap on the top of the screw to see if it moves.
This is not rocket science. Let us know what you find.

Thanks for that. Tapping on the screw was something I hadn't previously tried and I succeeded in loosening the strap a little in front of the trigger, as in the attached pic.
There seems to be a screw behind the trigger that is holding the rear of the strap in place (see second pic) but there is no corresponding screw head visible on the other side of the stock (third pic).
Any further ideas?
Andrew

Attachments

• loose-strap.JPG
    loose-strap.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 65
  • strap1.jpg
    strap1.jpg
    536.5 KB · Views: 75
  • stock1.JPG
    stock1.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 68
That pistol has a single set trigger and the end of the screw that you see is probably the screw that holds the spring to the trigger plate. You might try holding the muzzle end of the plate in forcefully like you were trying to put it back in place while tapping some more on the tang screw.

I know that a link to the illustrated parts diagram has been provided in the handguns section. Link to Kuchenreuter Parts Diagram That parts drawing leaves a lot to be desired, but all the parts are identified.

The end of the threaded fastener that you are identifying in photo 2 is the bolt holding the trigger spring down part # 25 through the trigger spring #26 and is threaded into the trigger plate #30. @hawkeye2 is offering a removal process that should work.

You are dealing with tight Pedersoli tolerances and probably some finish holding the trigger plate in place. Continue to back the tang screw out and tapping the trigger plate out. Probably the tail end of the trigger plate has a hook underscored in the stock and holing the plate in place. You should eventually be able to rotate the trigger plate out of the stock. I do think it is good that you are on this site seeking help to take your pistol apart.

Last edited:
I think you’re headed in the right direction. I’d pull the lock and side plate as well, just for giggles.
quick question..... why do you want to take it out?

Success! I kept working at it and eventually enough of the front of the plate came out for me to get a fingernail under it and lever out the whole thing.
The reason I want to remove all the metalwork is so that I can refinish the woodwork. I bought the gun second hand and it has the usual scuffs and dents, but also a long scratch/very thin gouge that would look much better filled, and that would be a lot easier and neater with the existing finish off, I think.

The only thing left to remove is the side plate opposite the lock. It is dead flush with the stock, so there is nothing to get hold off to lever it out. Any ideas on that? I suppose I could just avoid getting oil on it when I refinish, or wipe it off as I go.

Many thanks to all for your help. What a kind bunch of people.
Andrew

Actually, looking carefully under the lock plate, I discovered that Pedersoli had thoughtfully provided two holes that allowed an implement to be inserted to push off the side plate.
I will probably use Danish oil on the stock.
Many thanks again to all who have helped me.
Andrew

Back