• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kuchenreuter trigger removal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rudall

40 Cal
Reaction score
Hello all. New member here.
I wonder if any of you kind folk could tell me how to remove the trigger assembly from a Pedersoli Kuchenreuter pistol. Removing the lock and receiver is simple enough, but the trigger is baffling me.
Many thanks in advance.

Rudall,

I have never handled a Kuchenreuter pistol so can't speak from first hand experience with one. However, I am familiar with Pedersoli products, and I know they publish exploded views of all of their firearms. I hope this works, but here is a link to a PDF diagram: Kuchenreuter Exploded View

As an alternative, you can go directly to the Pedersoli website and download the PDF from there: Pedersoli Kuchenreuter Standard

I believe this pistol has a single set trigger, with two springs. In studying the diagram, it looks as if removing the trigger assembly from the stock would be pretty straightforward. It appears to me that the tang screw probably engages the trigger plate, so the tang screw would have to be removed. I believe the adjustable rear sight is also mounted in the tang, and it has a little spring which could be easily lost if you remove the tang from the stock. There looks like one screw in the bottom extension of the triggerguard which would need to be removed, but it appears to me that taking out these two screws should free up the trigger assembly.

Study the diagram, and the associated numbered parts list, and it should make sense.

Good luck with it!

Notchy Bob

Thank you, Bob.
You are right about everything except that removing the tang screw and the rear trigger plate screw does not allow the trigger plate and assembly to be removed. I wonder if the plate is glued in?
Also, the little spring in the rear sight adjustment is in fact missing. I can’t, however, imagine what its function would be as the adjustment seems to work fine without it.
Andrew

Hmm.... Pedersoli is known for very tight tolerances. I don't think it is likely that the trigger assembly would be glued in. I would not try to force or pry it out. Is this pistol new or used? Is it really essential that the trigger assembly be removed?

I don't have hands on experience with this specific pistol, but was generalizing from others I have disassembled and from the Kuchenreuter "exploded view." I'm willing to bet you are just dealing with Pedersoli's legendary tight tolerance in assembly.

There are at least a couple of fellows on the forum here who are familiar with the Kuchenreuter. Maybe they can give us some insight.

Notchy Bob

The reason I wanted to be able to remove it is that the pistol is used and has a few dents and scratches, plus a bit where the finish has worn/chipped away, and I was thinking of refinishing it.
I also have a Le Page, so I should look to see how that is held together.
I hope someone else can contribute advice.
Andrew

Refinishing would be a good reason to remove it!

Several of the fellows here have posted about high-end target pistols like this, and a few professional gunsmiths visit regularly. Hopefully, some of them will see your question and contribute to the discussion.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

Back