• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Knob Mountain Muzzleloading Experiences

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flintlock00

32 Cal
Reaction score
Looking for feedback from Forum participants on the above Stock supplier and Profiler. Based on a recommendation from a well known semi-custom kit provider, I sent a barrel to Knob Mtn to buy a stock and have them profile it to one of their advertised shapes, and inlet the barrel. This was at the end of January. Spoke with the owner at the end of May, and he had not got to it by then. He's a one man operation (in May). Left a msg recently, asking about the job and am awaiting a reply. Is 6+ months normal? What kind of experiences have others had using this supplier? I accept that this COVID era has adversely impacted the entire supply chain for us muzzleloading people as well as the rest of the world. Just seems like a really long time especially when he already had selected the stock. Thanks, folks.

Hi,
Dave Keck and I are good friends. He typically has a 3-4 month turn around time. Six months is not typical and it may be because of a back log of work that built up after the pandemic. He was able to whittle down his backlog of work to 1-2 months during the height of the pandemic last year because he had far fewer new orders. I think what is happening is he is being swamped by orders from folks who postponed having the the work done during 2020 but are now doing so such that he has his normal work load during 2021 plus all the folks from 2020.

dave

Dave has done quite a few stocks for me over the years and his work is always spot on. Typically I can expect around 2-3 months turn-around, but I did take him 2 stocks recently that took much longer than that. Admittedly and in his defense, when I dropped those 2 off, I told him quite clearly that I had other things to work on and that I wasn't in a big hurry.

Thank you for the responses- and the glowing performance comments. Dave contacted me today and we did identify an administrative disconnect which was immediately resolved. Appreciate the feedback from the forum . So, we are good on the work (partially completed, to be finished very soon). I'll be getting the stock and barrel soon. And, when the next gun project comes alomg, I will be back to Dave for more work. All is well! I am happy to wait for "spot on" work. Glad he has lots of backlog- a sign of a person you want doing work on your stuff.

Back