• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

KNIVES

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipascus

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Here are a few knives I got. Want to convert them into F&I period looking more or less, for me and for a couple of friends. Any suggestions/opinions about handles/materials designs?
Thank ye! :hatsoff:

DSC06218.jpg

DSC06221.jpg

I don't know if I would do anything to #1 and #2. If anything. It would be #2, inwhich I might grind off the tip of the up-swept butcher blade into a straight back "Scalper" design..... :hmm:

Rick

I have one just like number 3 and it's a pretty valuable green river knife with a diamond within a diamond on the blade. It dates back to the late 1800's. You might want to check up on #3 to make sure your not hurting it's value.

Regards

I would leave 1,2,3 alone and play with last two. The 3rd has a integral bolster and tapered tang, they don't make 'em like that any more :hmm: . and #2 has 6 pins which sinifies it as an antique butcher knife.
My .02 Bud

El Casador said:
AS usual, great information! THanks! THat website is AWESOME!!! My persona will likely be French or Spanish! THANKS!!!

Spanish?!?!?!?!

Then just take # 4 and put a bone handle on it, shaped like #3 and you are done. :thumbsup:

Back