• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Knight Bighorn reccomendations?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toddwilder

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Just got signed up today and was curious if anyone has any recommendations or currently has a Knight Bighorn stainless inline muzzleloader? I'm in Idaho so we have to use traditional hunting gear, no scopes, loose powder, lead bullets no 209 primers. I've shot a few mule deer and antelope bucks a number of years ago, early to mid 2000's. Just wondering if there is anything new anyone can recommend that's current? My son drew a great mule deer hunt here in Idaho this year and has the chance to bag a great buck! Guess I'm looking for the latest and greatest methods! Thanks in advance! Todd

Welcome to the place for the best info on traditional muzzleloaders. You’ve gotten some good directions for modern stuff but if you really want to get into some fun shooting and hunting, pull up a chair and do some reading. Glad you’re here.

Hello everyone! Just got signed up today and was curious if anyone has any recommendations or currently has a Knight Bighorn stainless inline muzzleloader? I'm in Idaho so we have to use traditional hunting gear, no scopes, loose powder, lead bullets no 209 primers. I've shot a few mule deer and antelope bucks a number of years ago, early to mid 2000's. Just wondering if there is anything new anyone can recommend that's current? My son drew a great mule deer hunt here in Idaho this year and has the chance to bag a great buck! Guess I'm looking for the latest and greatest methods! Thanks in advance! Todd
Like the others said, we don't talk about modern muzzleloaders but, since you live in Idaho, what you really need is the traditional sidelock guns we do talk about.
For information on those, this is about the best forum on the web so stick around and ask questions about traditional guns.

Although we don't talk about sabots or bullets that have plastic parts in them, we do talk about lead slugs as well as patched roundballs. You'll find that they can shoot every bit as good as the modern style stuff.

If you do want to ask about your in-line, go to our sister forum, Modern Muzzleloaders. Here is a link to their site:

https://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/

Latest posts

Back