• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Knee replacement tomorrow

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glenn,

Best of luck and a speedy recovery to you sir. What would we do without the miracle of modern medicine. Please keep us posted on your progress. I'm less than a week away from having my shoulder replaced.

Thanks
O.R.

Glenn,

Best of luck and a speedy recovery to you sir. What would we do without the miracle of modern medicine. Please keep us posted on your progress. I'm less than a week away from having my shoulder replaced.

Thanks
O.R.
OR
I was thinking the same thing - joint surgery has come a great distance in just the last few years-my incision was 4 inches and all the stitches are beneath that with dermis superglued.
Good luck to you!
My bro-in-law had that surgery and he is much better on the other side of it.
The first two days for me have been better than I expected
Thanks
Glenn

I had both replaced 6 months apart. They work well and I am much more mobile. My kneecaps have 2 screws in them. I can feel them when i climb into the hard flood of my deer stands.
Thanks for the feed back
What kinds of reasonable limits do you
have - how long ago was your T
KR and what’s with the screw in the knee cap-ouch!

I don't have the screw but that wire the doctor used to repair my broken knee cap/patella several years ago is visable. . I asked him if it were stainless or titanium. I hope he was kidding because he replied "rusty old barbed wire". Sure could feel it when a front was getting close.

Post op ice will be your best friend.
Stay ahead of the pain, especially with PT.
if narcotics give you trouble, as they did me, ask for Tramadol or the like.
Both of mine have been done about 6 years apart, with chemotherapy in the middle.
Everything is just fine now.
Irish

I had an ice machine, like a little cooler that pumped icy water thru it
We filled it with frozen water bottles from the dollar store. Lifrsaver!
Great tip on the ice bottles. I had that gadget for an ACL procedure on my left knee and a bicep reattachment on my right shoulder. I couldn't keep enough ice in that thing. I'll absolutely give that a whirl when I have my knees done next month.
Neil

Icing tight now-I have the compression ice machine. The nerve blocker has worn off. Pretty swollen/painful at this point in the game
Hang in there, this should be the worst of it (if you don't include your physical terrorist) Ice and meds as prescribed will get you past it.
Neil

Sorry gang. I'm going to close this thread.

Although it's interesting to read about all of your problems and surgeries, they are not really related to muzzleloading and this section is to discuss "General Muzzleloading".

If you want to talk about surgeries and such, please do it in the Non-Muzzleloading section in the Premium Members area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back