• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Killer Wax

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a garden this year for the first time in many years. When my sweet corn was making pollen, it was full of bees. Even as deaf as I am I could hear the buzzing. I don't remember bees being in my corn years ago when I had gardens.

WOW, how in the world did you accomplish that !!
I put a box under the nest that had a small hole in the end that the bees could fly into. The top of the box hinged open.
I put a step ladder under the nest and set the box on top with the top open. I took a long knife and slowly cut the comb from the tree branch. I held the bottom of the comb as I cut so it didn't fall into the box hard. Most of the bees stayed on the comb. I set the comb and bees in the box then closed it up tight. The bees that flew off while I was cutting it off eventually flew into the small hole in the box front. They smell the queen and go into the box. I let the box set there for an hour, so as many bees as possible had time to get in it. After I felt most of the bees were in the box I plugged the hole and put it in the truck and drove them home and put everything in a bees box.
I did wear gloves and thick clothes. To keep from getting stung.

I had a garden this year for the first time in many years. When my sweet corn was making pollen, it was full of bees. Even as deaf as I am I could hear the buzzing. I don't remember bees being in my corn years ago when I had gardens.
Bees use pollen and nectar. They will store both for later use. As they tend to focus on one crop mostly at a time, the bees found your sweet corn to be just right to take the pollen.

Back