• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Kibler's next gun?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last I heard he had a smoothbore/Fowler and a Woodsrunner next up.
The Woodsrunner was quicker to get to market so they released that first.
I’m assuming the smoothbore/Fowler will be next when interest in the 3 available kits wanes. All other builds are way down the road.
That’s my story until I hear different from Ohio.
However I love the speculation and I’m sure they use this forum as a sounding board-
I can predict that NW trade guns are hot now but their bubble won’t last. And Hawkens, they’re SO Yesteryear.
A pistol is a Great idea, and I’ll bet they’ve got a pile of firewood/seconds for stocks.
And a left- handed Anything would be Fantastic- I’m righty but I’d love a lefty rifle. I’ve no idea if they can recoup the cost of tooling up for that.
So if you people would please buy up everything Kiblers’ selling now the sooner I get my smoothbore.
Thank you ;-)
Think about the work it would take to design and perfect a new lock. The fowler could use the Colonial/ Woodsrunner English flintlock. So could a trade gun for that matter, but a pistol or Lancaster, etc. could not.

My grandmother would smack my hand if I picked anything up with my left hand. Drove her nuts that my father married a left handed woman.
Back in topic: I can’t imagine tooling up for lefty rifles would be cost effective. Even the big manufacturers don’t build many lefty’s.
-Red, flinches when he sees something picked up in a left hand.
Some random left-handed comments.
My mother was left-handed, and she was forced in school to write with her right hand. She had beautiful writing, by the way.
My 5 year old grandson tends to be a lefty also. I hope he becomes a pitcher. I can teach him to shoot a right-hand muzzleloader.
Not too many military muskets that have left-hand flintlocks. Zero production models.
Have a friend who is a South-paw, but shoots right-handed, so you can train yourself

He , in my confused opinion, needs to offer a plain Jane, reasonable priced single barrel percussion shotgun.

Doesn't take much research to see how high demand is for a single barrel shotgun. Right now TC Englander 12 gauges are out of sight. (and the rare, almost never seen CVA single barrel 12's are well, non existent.) Even the Indian 12 gauge "Enfield" carbines are going for $$$. Only other alternative is the 10 or 12 gauge Gallyon which was too pretty and too delicate for my tastes. A flint or percussion 20 or 12 plus the woodsrunner would prolly keep him busy for decades.

Hey Red, how about when you pick up your guitar?:ghostly::cool: I grab my guitar by the neck with my left hand all the time.
Damn it, man! I can no longer play my guitar!
By the way, I’m spending my “Kibler Money” today on a Takamine Glenn Frey signature model… sorry Mr Kibler. I’ll get a few more side jobs and get back to you.
-Red, a guitar slut…

Good fact, God only made a few of us perfect, the rest he made right-handed. And never forget the left hook to the jaw, most people never see it coming. 😉
My mom smacked us left handed… I’m ALWAYS looking for the left!
-Red, beat a lot as a kid…

A Lehigh Valley rifle from Kibler would be pretty cool IMHO. The general consensus seems to be that it's near impossible to get the architecture right yourself unless you're looking at an original, and even then it's not easy. A Lehigh Kibler would probably be a bit more affordable than an original, and a lot easier to find as well. Just wishful thinking on my part.

Ok so I’m a rookie at all of this so could someone please explain what the difference between a Fowler and a smooth bore is?

Think about the work it would take to design and perfect a new lock. The fowler could use the Colonial/ Woodsrunner English flintlock. So could a trade gun for that matter, but a pistol or Lancaster, etc. could not.
Kibler could use the already designed lock he has. Think about this: the Ketland lock is CNC machined. Some of the simplest computer imaging programs out there allow you to mirror images, flip them upside down, back’ards and forwards, etc etc. All that needs doing is reversing the imaging on the files, load ‘em into the CNC machine and cut all the parts bassackwards. Easy peasy: Left handed flintlock.

Well, it might not be exactly that easy, but I bet the premise would probably work without too much trouble. The hardest part would be keeping the screw threads for the holes turned righty-tighty, lefty-loosely. Maybe.

Ok so I’m a rookie at all of this so could someone please explain what the difference between a Fowler and a smooth bore is?
A Fowler is a smoothbore, just as a Trade Gun (at least the majority) are smoothbores. There are French, English, Belgium, and American Fowlers. And French, English, and Belgium Trade Guns. Fit, finish, and styling are the difference.

Back