• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Kibler's next gun?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t see him adding anything new until demand for his current product slows. Why put all the time and energy into creating a new line of product when you have months of backlog and probably also can’t find good people to hire?
That's the same thing people told Henry Ford.

Ford knew better.

Innovate.

Or die.

Ford knew better.

Innovate.

Or die.
I didn’t say don’t add a new line I said wait until things are under control. Too many people try to grow too big, too fast and that can become their downfall. Of course you probably know better than me.

I’ve built a few of his kits. I’ve also found him to be pretty patient regarding building questions. I tried not to bother to much with questions regarding future projects. But I do get the impression that he has numerous projects in the works, at least contemplating three, a Hawken , a trade gun, and an English style gun. I also get the impression that he wanted to take a break after the Ridge Runner.

Ford knew better.

Innovate.

Or die.
I don’t think that is correct. Old Henry is the one that had to be dragged into the future. He stuck with mechanical brakes a llloooonnnggg time, and remember the phrase “any color as long as it’s black”? I too want a Kibler Fowler, but only when it is ready and the company is on firm footing to produce it. I buy Kibler rifles (and smoothbores) not only because of the current product but because of the reputation and backing of the company. Jim has built a fine firm and I trust him to know when and what to produce.

Last I heard he had a smoothbore/Fowler and a Woodsrunner next up.
The Woodsrunner was quicker to get to market so they released that first.
I’m assuming the smoothbore/Fowler will be next when interest in the 3 available kits wanes. All other builds are way down the road.
That’s my story until I hear different from Ohio.
However I love the speculation and I’m sure they use this forum as a sounding board-
I can predict that NW trade guns are hot now but their bubble won’t last. And Hawkens, they’re SO Yesteryear.
A pistol is a Great idea, and I’ll bet they’ve got a pile of firewood/seconds for stocks.
And a left- handed Anything would be Fantastic- I’m righty but I’d love a lefty rifle. I’ve no idea if they can recoup the cost of tooling up for that.
So if you people would please buy up everything Kiblers’ selling now the sooner I get my smoothbore.
Thank you ;-)

A little bird told me he's going to do a Hudson Valley Fowler kit next. If my source is reliable Jim's already placed an order for another 5 axis CNC unit to do the long stocks and will be adding on to his building to accommodate it. Likewise, his barrel supplier is adding a new and larger CNC lathe and adding on to his shop for the long barrels also. And, as a sneak preview estimated cost of the kits will be 16K give or take. 'Not bad !

When will he ever get around to making an Enfield rifle musket kit?
Never, I would guess.
I have never heard or read that he has any particular interest in guns from that time period. Would be a very limited market anyway Rifled musket shooters are a very small fraction of an already niche market anyway of traditional muzzleloader shooters that gets smaller every year as we die off.

He , in my confused opinion, needs to offer a plain Jane, reasonable priced single barrel percussion shotgun.

You mean a
Never, I would guess.
I have never heard or read that he has any particular interest in guns from that time period. Would be a very limited market anyway Rifled musket shooters are a very small fraction of an already niche market anyway of traditional muzzleloader shooters that gets smaller every year as we die off.

I don’t intend to die of anytime soon.

Latest posts

Back