• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler Woodsrunner

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i second siringo, have been waiting and waiting, might have to go with a chambers . really wanted a kibler , but i dont have forever to wait. gettin old:confused: all the blah blah blah about to fowler and than this comes out first..

i second siringo, have been waiting and waiting, might have to go with a chambers . really wanted a kibler , but i dont have forever to wait. gettin old:confused: all the blah blah blah about to fowler and than this comes out first..
I hear ya. I’m in the same boat. But I frequent TOW and you just don’t see many fowlers. In fact, I don’t see any trade guns, tulle’s or fowler kits listed anymore. Maybe the demand is not there and we are a minority.

Sure wished it would have been a smooth bore trade gun next. But business decisions are business decisions.
I really feel like several months ago, the impression we were given was that the smoothbore would be next.
Disappointed.
Even though I don't/won't build,,, I was looking forward to the fowler or trade gun's release and watching some come together.

I hear ya. I’m in the same boat. But I frequent TOW and you just don’t see many fowlers. In fact, I don’t see any trade guns, tulle’s or fowler kits listed anymore. Maybe the demand is not there and we are a minority.

Gonna stick my neck out here and might lose my head but here it is. I predict that when Kibler introduces the fowler it's going to result in huge surge of interest in fowlers. I think that because I feel that it is not easy to simply acquire a fowler at this time. They are pricey compared to the many entry level rifles that are available and that's where most go first. A fowler becomes comparatively an extravagance. So, the Kiblers are certainly not inexpensive, but the quality and ease of assembly has brought a bunch of first time kit builders into the market. If a high quality and easily finished fowler kit like the Kibler can be TYD for less than $1,300 I think there's going to be a lot of takers. Just my opinion and according to my spouse, not to be relied upon. 😀

About this woodsrunner. Is there a prototype of one? The term woods runner doesn't seem to have been applied to any style in the past. Very curious about it.

"The Woodsrunner" is the name given to an original rifle thought to be from 1750-1780 or so....so this kit will be be based on that. I've never built one but folks that have say they're a very nice handling rifle. Kinda unique architecture at the comb and wrist on that rifle. Another rifle called the Feather rifle is very similar as well.

I called Kibler's shop this week and asked Katherine about the Woodsrunner. She handed over the phone to Ms. Busch who I guess is the designated Woodsrunner info person. She said it will have the same wood offerings as the Colonial and the Southern mountain. The barrel will be a bit shorter,39" so it will be easier to hunt with. Brass furniture with a brass nose cap. 45,50, and 54 caliber swamped barrel.
So I had her take my info and put me on the list. She said there were only about 20 people on the waiting list so give em a call.

The barrel lengths and LOPs are what kept me from ordering either one of the current rifles. The new rifle is the first rifle that along with a more usable barrel length also has an LOP more to my liking. I have been on the list since the specs came out. I already have a nice LH Klein fowler.

The barrel lengths and LOPs are what kept me from ordering either one of the current rifles. The new rifle is the first rifle that along with a more usable barrel length also has an LOP more to my liking. I have been on the list since the specs came out. I already have a nice LH Klein fowler.
Sounds like you have a bit more detail on the specs??? would love to hear it.

Back